DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro lightning cable needs to be longer

Jimw

Reactions
Hi I have just recently received my Mavic within the last two weeks and decided to connect the Mavic to an Ipad2 air the lightning cable to the Ipad is very short which is really only suitable for a iPhone does anyone know where I can purchase a longer lightning cable or usb cable from controller to ipad2 air which is the same connection to the iPhone 5/6 but ive been told using a usb from controller you don't have the same visuals but not sure what.you lose.

Hey Jim,

Try plugging in your lightning cable that came with the iPad using the bottom USB port on the controller.

Cheers

Hi Jimw here are you talking about the charging cable that came with the ipad that I used and nothing worked with it but there again I didn't know to disconnect the existing lightning cable

I was also wondering will it still work even though the ipad is not like the mobile is in contact with satellites for signal where as the ipad doesn't connect unless I get wifi

Pull the plug out of the left side of the controller. Let it dangle or remove it entirely.

Put in your own Apple-branded Lightning cable from the bottom USB port of the controller to the Lightning port on your tablet.

If your tablet has no GPS, you will not get to use "Follow Me" mode. If your tablet has no Internet, you will be limited to the map information you have already cached in memory.

Yup, the cable that came with the iPad into the port shown here
Also as you mentioned unplug the existing cable from the side by just firmly pulling it outwards.

Pull the plug out of the left side of the controller. Let it dangle or remove it entirely.

Put in your own Apple-branded Lightning cable from the bottom USB port of the controller to the Lightning port on your tablet.

If your tablet has no GPS, you will not get to use "Follow Me" mode. If your tablet has no Internet, you will be limited to the map information you have already cached in memory.

ok thank you for your help I was under the impression most ipads have GPS as this is only maybe a month old I maybe have to look at the ipad settings the other problem I have it doesn't fit in to the controller grips so ive ordered a ipad support

thanks for your help once the weather improves here in Scotland I will be out there trying out your advice
Can you tell me if I need to use Bluetooth for some reason on the ipad the reason I ask is every time I connect the Mavic the ipad reverts to Bluetooth without me switching it over I was wondering is this normal

ok thank you for your help I was under the impression most ipads have GPS as this is only maybe a month old I maybe have to look at the ipad settings the other problem I have it doesn't fit in to the controller grips so ive ordered a ipad support
Only the cellular versions of iPads have GPS.

No, you don't need Bluetooth.

Reactions: Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123