DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro limited SD card space

Reactions
Probably a lot of discussions on best SD cards, but adding one to the mix. I have a 128 gb "Ultra" SD card, but I can't get to near the memory capacity before my Mavic prevents me from recording. I am recording in 4k btw.Is there something I am missing? Are there cards that work for recording better than others? I tried googling, but most of stuff is outdated.

The tech specs on the DJI site specify 64Gb maximum for the Mavic Pro...

144440ubmttt40m6o96s6e.jpg

Reactions: kaitiura
That limitation doesn't always sit true. I use a 200GB card in a GoPro Hero 6 even though GoPro state cards of that size are not compatible.
I would put your issue down to the Ultra card. The SanDisk Ultra is best suited for mobile devices, not for streaming 4K content to. It was a well known issue with the GoPro Hero 4 cameras I believe, which led GoPro to drop support for the Sandisk Ultra cards.
Personally I always recommend a SanDisk Extreme, or a Lexar 633x or faster card - Ive used both of these with no issues (a 128GB in a MP and a 200GB in a GoPro).

I use a 128GB Samsung Evo Plus U3 without a problem in my MPP. The only downside I find is the 10min limit of the recording, which is not related to the micro SD card used or formatting method used, but to the drone itself.

Probably a lot of discussions on best SD cards, but adding one to the mix. I have a 128 gb "Ultra" SD card, but I can't get to near the memory capacity before my Mavic prevents me from recording. I am recording in 4k btw.Is there something I am missing? Are there cards that work for recording better than others? I tried googling, but most of stuff is outdated.

I'm using a 128 gb Samsung "EVO Plus U3" without any issues. I had bought it only to realize they say the MP supports up to 64gb. Figured no harm trying it and it works to my pleasure.

I use a 128GB Samsung Evo Plus U3 without a problem in my MPP. The only downside I find is the 10min limit of the recording, which is not related to the micro SD card used or formatting method used, but to the drone itself.

Yes, don't like that either when your recordings get cut into chunks. Didn't find it was a 10 minute limit but rather it keeps it just under the 4 GB's, so depending on the format and size of the video determines the length of the video.

So I just watched this YT video the guy is saying he has no issues using a 256 GB card. Just ordered one for my MPP. I'll keep you posted, arrives tomorrow.

Update, card was late but installed it and seems to be working fine. When I first installed it I had 9 hours 28 minutes of space. Recorded an hour so far without any issues.

Reactions: MarcoAlmeida
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada