DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro, lost forever, Dji reliability down the toilet drain !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojonono

Reactions
am sharing this experience and thoughts on their products, you may agree or disagree, I always liked the idea of shooting aerial images, i just think Dji is Far Away From Reliable and its about time anyone with a Dji drone starts seeing the same weird issue everyone is reporting here on the forums (gimbal glitches, app crashed, signal lost, other weird cr@p in mid-air !!)... and that is all despite being told by the app everything seems ok b4 taking off !...

I really cant believe what kind of crap Dji invents and sells to their customers, this is my first and probably LAST drone from them, i bought it a couple of years back, NEVER DROPPED IT, NEVER EVER NOT ONCE, Never exposed it to water etc... took a really good care of it protected in a bag 99% of the time.

The Mavic pro gave me all sorts of cr@p, you can hardly ever consider it reliable, hardly EVER, if you want to fly you need to check EVERYTHING a night before to make sure all sensors are cailbrated to avoid the hassle WHEN taking off, and No errors are showing ! and before taking off you must reassure that, i had to re-calibrate my down vision sensors SEVERAL times using their PC App, i dont understand the reason why the sensors would go our of sync on their own without any previous errors they just appear !...

Finally, all sorts of small but critical glitches like loosing connection in mid-air, app freezes, remote restarts etc. finally i lost faith in Dji f* cr@p products and will NEVER spend a dime on their crap drones, my mavic pro was flying safe and sound today, controller disconnected and gave weirdest errors i have ever seen on a controller ever and started screaming and the sinal icon on the app changed to something weird ! signal lost and am just 2 km away in the weirdest manner ever, gimbal started to act up mid air (watch this video) also video will stop recording when this happens, not mentioning battery for some reason flies only for about 15 minutes Max, then drone force landed on a tree on an island just meters away and now i lost it forever probably due to Dji crap engineering, am just happy they dont invent real aircrafts !...

I am a tech maniac, i can understand this is a sensitive piece of machine that needs special care, that why we take good care of our drones, but when it keep getting weird and scary error OUT OF NO WHERE, i think its just not mature enough of a technology to invest our money in ! i hope other manufacturers have better reliability than the Dji, IMO 99% of people if not almost everyone will see weird, strange and AT SOME STAGE ALARMING issues with their drones, and losing your drone is just a possibility YOU NEED TO BE PREPARED TO DEAL WITH !

Reactions: yardDrone
Having a rant are ya.?

Mm not really PHD replying on forums like ya, but am sharing my experience about their reliability, if you calling that a rant then so be it, but as an moderator you should have a better insight on members threads and try to make sense of it not just a funny flashy accent, and a meaningless response !

I would figure every brand of quad has its issues.

I would agree DJI should make their apps more stable. However a quad app is likely to push the device resources to the limit, no matter how robust the device is, particularly for the FPV video.

Mm not really PHD replying on forums like ya, but am sharing my experience about their reliability, if you calling that a rant then so be it, but as an moderator you should have a better insight on members threads and try to make sense of it not just a funny flashy accent, and a meaningless response !

The problem is that your post is full of blatantly incorrect assertions and unsupported conclusions. It really is simply a rant, based on just your experience and clearly inadequate understanding of the technology. Very few people have had problems witht the Mavic Pro platform - the 99% that you quote more probably applies to the percentage of users who have had no significant problems. If your app is freezing then it's most likely to be a problem with your mobile device. The rest of your problems are not comprehensible enough to comment on.

Sounds like you got a lemon if these problems were from the beginning. In which case, it should have been returned under warranty. Of course an inspection of the logs would give insight as to what was really happening. For instance, some of the problems may be caused by the phone/tablet and connecting cable and not DJI equipment.

I am going into my third year with my MP and have not experienced any of the reliability problems you have. I think the software can have definite problems from version to version but the hardware and engineering is very high quality (at least for the MP/MPP).

In any forum like this you hear mostly about problems and the vast majority of owners are happy with their DJI equipment. Otherwise DJI would not be the world leader in drone sales.

Sorry but being a moderator and owning several and not
having issues with them other than my own errors what I
see is a rant. Have read to many .Did not mean to insult ya just saying it like i read it.

Also my
funny flashy accent, and a meaningless responce
as you put it is just me and was not meaning to be meaningless just trying to calm you down.?

I don’t have a Mavic yet but am considering an M2P for a future purchase. Both my Spark and Phantom 3 Standard have been ultra reliable. Both have over 400 flights on them. Had both out today in breezy weather and both performed great.

Chris

Looking through the OP, it's easy to see and speculate on what could have caused most of those issues.
2km out, signal / transmission dropouts, and RTH landed short in a tree ? Okaaay.

Not sure about the sensors and calibration though, mine (in 3-1/2 years) has asked me just once to calibrate the compass, never another sensor.
Have never had it hooked up to, or even opened, DJI Assistant.

Like all sorts of consumer products, DJI drones aren't perfect, and you may have got a lemon drone (friday afternoon build, rush it out before I have to leave for home).

Hard to say, but maybe a Parrot Autel is a great idea for you, just keep it closer and have good signal LOS, as range might not be quite as good.

Hard to say, but maybe a Parrot Autel is a great idea for you, just keep it closer and have good signal LOS, as range might not be quite as good.

Or maybe just a parrot. I'm told they make fine pets and don't require any understanding of technology.

Ok guys don't try and be funny you see what it got me. :confused:
;)

For the record: I am an aviation tech also. I am a commercial drone operator and have put my DJI products throught the paces. This is my assessment, and I have found just the opposite to your assessment to be true, with the following two exceptions:

1. My original Mavic Pro, had some issues with over zealous firmware and over sensitive GEO nannying. They seem to have addressed that, as I’ve had no issues for years, traveling all over the US and overseas.

2. I never achieved optimal performance until I switched to IOS. No problems since.

As for mechanical and system reliability, both of my DJI Mavics have been exceptional, with one only one calibration required (vision sensors) in their lifetimes. Not even a compass calibration, or IMU, during hundreds of hours, hundreds of air miles loggeg, and tens of thousands of miles travelled.

No, I do not work for DJI, and I am actually irritated that there is nothing comparable, available for the price point.

I am sorry to hear that you’ve had a different experience, but I suspect that your issues have/had some very identifiable causes.

Wait. You had it for 2 years and now you lost it, and you say it’s a bad product?
Just because you had issues with it, assuming everyone else, well 99% of owners have issues sounds a bit self-centered. If I bought an apple with a slight bruise, I can’t assume 99% of apples in the store are bruised.

Wow, my experience has been the exact opposite. I have had my Mavic Pro Platinum for 1 1/2 years and have found it very reliable. I did have a problem with the camera for which DJI very quickly replaced the entire unit under warranty. I also had a "lost connection issue" a few times, but in each case it was a problem with my wire which I replaced (and carry a few spares).

I'm guessing you had a lemon, which is certainly possible. Sorry to hear.

Reactions: Galeforce1
Persnally I would never fly an expensive drone on anything using spamdroid/hackeddroid as an OS. I gave up that as an OS and mr Gates baby and my life is sp much simpler and stress free tech wise aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, (long lazy stretch).....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu