DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Lost!!!!

dsbice3

Reactions
So I lost my mavic pro today. I was flying with a friend of mine who's much more experienced than myself to learn the drone better. I've only had it a few weeks and between work and the weather have only been able to fly it a handful of times. Take off location was my uncles front yard (high up on the side of a hill with a great view of the area) I did the precise take off and ascended to around 30 feet waiting for him to get his up. We flew directly away from us way above any trees in the area and had the drones had just gotten out of sight (due to distance and not any obstructions) when mine lost connection. We were less than 1/4 of a mile away from the drones so he immediately returns his to home to assist me with mine. 1-2 minutes later his is landing and mine is still nowhere to be seen. We waited a couple more minutes then decided to drive to the last shown location since we were flying adjacent to the road leading to my uncles house. Last shown location is roughly 50 yards off the road above a small wooded area. We searched the area for about 3 hours until it was too dark to continue. The drone never reconnected with the controller and now it looks as though I wasted over $1000 on an erratic drone. Dji care is out of the question but that's another longer story for another time. Here is a link to the flight record for the tech savvy people on here.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Reactions: Budmancan
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

I can't get them using that method. My computer crashed and with iPhones and iPads and the cloud I no longer saw a use for one at home.

I can't get them using that method. My computer crashed and with iPhones and iPads and the cloud I no longer saw a use for one at home.
If that is the case, can you go to the sharing settings and release everything. I can probably download the original file if you do.

To clarify, go to your airdata flight and turn everything on for sharing.

Well that didn't seem to work. I'm still missing that info. I'll pm you some different instructions.

If that is the case, can you go to the sharing settings and release everything. I can probably download the original file if you do.
This will only work if the OP has at least the "HD 360 Gold" plan. It's not a feature available on the "HD Free" or "HD 360 Lite" accounts.

Plan B = upgrade to "HD 360 Gold"? :)

I emailed DJI and they are asking me to send them a bunch of stuff so I'm sure I'll need more help with their requests as well. Here are there "lists of demands" lol
1. Model of your aircraft:
2. Email address associated with your DJI Account you used for your last flight:
3. Date and time of the incident:
4. Description what you did to try and regain control:
5. First and Last Name:
6. Shipping Address (no PO box):
7. Phone number:
8. Serial Number of the remote controller:

For the controller serial number I read that it's on the back of the controller near the little scan code. There are 2 numbers beside that. Do you know if it's the top number or the bottom they're requesting?

Unfortunately, I can't check the details of the log until later, roughly 2 hours. Sorry about that. My log analyzer is on my other computer.

I did do a quick analysis and it does look like the phone disconnected from the RC rather than the RC disconnecting from the Mavic. I'm not noticing an signal degradation. Your RTH settings were set to a low altitude but considering that you were higher than that, it should have made it back without issue. Since that didn't happen, I'm led to believe that the RC was still connected and that the drone hovered for a while, likely another 20 minutes before it decided to land. I don't have specific wind information at the point the drone was lost, but it appeared to be blowing directly north. It's possible the drone drifted north a bit before going down.

When we drove over to the last shown location we tried closing the app, completely disconnecting the phone from the controller, and never could reestablish a connection. All of that was attempted within 15-20 minutes of losing connection. I haven't changed any of my settings from what they were from the factory other than switching it out of beginner mode when my friend was flying it. He's much more skilled with it than I am.

Reactions: Budmancan
I emailed DJI and they are asking me to send them a bunch of stuff so I'm sure I'll need more help with their requests as well. Here are there "lists of demands" lol
1. Model of your aircraft:
2. Email address associated with your DJI Account you used for your last flight:
3. Date and time of the incident:
4. Description what you did to try and regain control:
5. First and Last Name:
6. Shipping Address (no PO box):
7. Phone number:
8. Serial Number of the remote controller:

For the controller serial number I read that it's on the back of the controller near the little scan code. There are 2 numbers beside that. Do you know if it's the top number or the bottom they're requesting?

1. Model of your aircraft: DJI Mavic Pro
2. Email address associated with your DJI Account you used for your last flight: <something>
3. Date and time of the incident:May 11th, 2017 18:35:48
4. Description what you did to try and regain control: Went to last known location
5. First and Last Name: I can't help you there. :p
6. Shipping Address (no PO box): I know it, from your logs, but I won't post it here.
7. Phone number: That's on you.
8. Serial Number of the remote controller: It's on the white little sticker with the QR code on it, lower right.

When we drove over to the last shown location we tried closing the app, completely disconnecting the phone from the controller, and never could reestablish a connection. All of that was attempted within 15-20 minutes of losing connection. I haven't changed any of my settings from what they were from the factory other than switching it out of beginner mode when my friend was flying it. He's much more skilled with it than I am.
Ah so the RC, would have likely entirely disconnected when stepped into the car. The drone should have returned home by then.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Thanks. Looks like I got everything sent to them correctly. I will be continuing my search for it this afternoon and hopefully can find it. The worst part is it rained last night and a chance of rain again today but maybe it will be salvageable if I can find it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr