DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro might just be the toughest bird even though most sensitive!

Oconnb910

Reactions
Ok, this is a long one, but an honest assessment of our favorite little Beast!!

So I do have a story to share even though I've mentioned parts of it throughout the forms. I have been a a mavic fan from the beginning and have had many an adventure with them! This story is about survival! My little mavic Pro it's probably the toughest thing I've ever had in my life!
So back on August 15th 2017 I was flying my drone towards the evening and it was getting kind of windy out of the North and I was a newbie pretty much back then and I misjudged and the Drone went down!
Fortunately DJI included the find my Drone app within DJI go 4. However it only works under the most perfect circumstances it seems! So unfortunately in the area where it said it was it was nowhere to be found!
I was vigilance however I posted Flyers all around the circle I thought it would be in considering I had signal all the way until it's demise back then.
So drone lost! I wrote it off and actually purchased another one! And of course fall back in love with the new one all over again!
So I took my new little baby upstate for some nice winter shots and loving every second of it! It was a nice successful long weekend and started driving back down to Long Island. During my drive my cell phone starts ringing and I missed the first call. But the caller try it again and I answered it. This guy asked me if I had lost anything but now 5 months later I have no idea what the heck he's talking about. So I asked him to elaborate and he asked me if I had lost a drone. I was blown away! So we exchanged information and he gave me his address I detoured my trip swing right to his house! And there it was when I got there!
When I first saw it it looks unbelievably in normal condition except for the front leg which snapped off when him and his buddy tried to recover it out of the tree in the backyard LOL.
He told me that his daughter wanted to credit because she saw it at mentioned it previously and dad didn't pay attention! LOL so with that I gave the daughter $80 that I had in my pocket and praise them and thank them so much!

So that is the front end of this story but it gets better! This poor little mavic was sitting up in a tree for 5 months through heat waves thunderstorms wind storms even a hurricane and a snowstorm!
When I got the drone at home I realized it had seen a lot so I figured it shot but I press the battery button and the first led actually flickered! I took the battery out this is sampled the cover of the Drone and found some spiders and stuff like that inside. I started to check out every other thing I use electronic cleaner and WD-40 and all kinds of stuff and tweak this thing look nicely. It was late at night so I figured I will wait till morning to test.
I took my setup out to the field and started it up got no warnings and was afraid to fly for a good 5 minutes but everything was great so I took off and it actually flew perfectly and took great pictures!

I guess the point I was trying to make here is that these drones are totally made a lot stronger than we give them credit for! I hear and see all kinds of comments about flying in the cold so I can wet weather bringing your drone from cold to warm and getting condensation or falling in the water but it's pretty much my opinion and obviously after experience that these things are way tougher.
obviously you should be on the side of caution but I'm just saying that if you think after a little splash that your drone is shot guess again! That little puppy is going to pull through and fly another day!
cad83244702402ca438c801b244e8cc2.jpg
4f812a7d5a19faec86a7e62dda5e57ee.jpg
94ff71e2e320d87dbd312325dc542e30.jpg
3f71b0ff7667b4b3b6809f090a544bb7.jpg
b66a887a46bcaa598dadb39a951d9ad7.jpg
3067cef8723be0d44e1d8ce0f8b91418.jpg
78819da7ab5f5bb83ffaa623c4935c0e.jpg
ce02cc438fdd79e71e6d2ac16557a2bb.jpg
6572848e582b4ae29ebf732649624165.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa, i was scared to fly it in very light snow today but after hearing your story, I feel like I am a little too cautious with it. Am glad to hear of stories like this. Gives me more reassurance that I got the right drone!!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Last winter, my Mavic Pro went down in inaccessible country. It could only be reached by crossing through a highly secure defense plant (Lockheed Martin). I requested assistance from them, but two weeks later I replaced the drone. Then, after two ice storms and heavy snow, the L/M Security Dept. called me to say that they had recovered my drone. I replaced the battery with a fresh one, and it flew perfectly ever since. I sent L/M a very big thank you! Note: the drone didn't land on L/M property, but they went beyond their property to locate my drone where I told them it was located. We've got some great people at L/M!

Thx for posting your story and pics. I guess whenever we lose something, human nature most often prevents us from looking up. We need to deviate from that when searching for our “misplaced” drones. I’m guessing your video wasn’t working otherwise you might have gotten the hint it landed in a tree.

Thx for posting your story and pics. I guess whenever we lose something, human nature most often prevents us from looking up. We need to deviate from that when searching for our “misplaced” drones. I’m guessing your video wasn’t working otherwise you might have gotten the hint it landed in a tree.
That is correct I lost contact with it while it was about 100 feet AGL and I thought I had it down to where it probably landed but the wind must have been stronger than I expected and it blew it almost completely block away from my suspected site.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder