DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO New FC?

Perhaps some variant of the N3- It's probably all boards inside and not components- Like the Phantom. Bet it's packed to the nines in there... OccuSync is likely death to LightBridge. I wonder if there will be a stand alone OccuSync module for the A3 some day?

Perhaps some variant of the N3- It's probably all boards inside and not components- Like the Phantom. Bet it's packed to the nines in there... OccuSync is likely death to LightBridge. I wonder if there will be a stand alone OccuSync module for the A3 some day?
I agree. I wonder what will be the impact of heat generated and the resulting longevity/reliability of components.

I own a P2 Vision+. The WIFI module died after 15 flights. The aircraft is back for the second time at DJI's repair facility to repair the same issue. DJI's product support reputation is less than stellar. If the Mavic will have similar reliability issues, given the hysteria generated by its introduction, I wish owners all the luck in the world.

FC,

I also have a P2V+v3. Like many others on this forum it went out after the latest updates from DJI. Worked great prior to the updates. Also determined it was the WiFi module. I was able to purchase one but haven't installed it yet, too bust flying my other birds while the weather is nice. Be aware that they are no longer manufacturing that module. Many who did get and install new modules had the same issue almost immediately, burned out board and if you can find one they're expensive as hell. Some have even tried Artic Silver to help dissipate the heat to no avail. DJI appears to be very aware of the issue but doesn't seem to want to address it with the P2 series. I doubt that they would utilize anything remotely similar in the Mavic Pro series. I have seen a few threads about overheating, though.

Jerry

FC,

I also have a P2V+v3. Like many others on this forum it went out after the latest updates from DJI. Worked great prior to the updates. Also determined it was the WiFi module. I was able to purchase one but haven't installed it yet, too bust flying my other birds while the weather is nice. Be aware that they are no longer manufacturing that module. Many who did get and install new modules had the same issue almost immediately, burned out board and if you can find one they're expensive as hell. Some have even tried Artic Silver to help dissipate the heat to no avail. DJI appears to be very aware of the issue but doesn't seem to want to address it with the P2 series. I doubt that they would utilize anything remotely similar in the Mavic Pro series. I have seen a few threads about overheating, though.

Jerry
My P2v has also failed, although I have been unable to isolate the fault to a specific component. The lack of availability of components makes it pretty difficult. I no longer have a video feed my phone - the screen is black with a line down the middle. I can still record video and still shots, but just can't see what the camera is looking at. Makes for pretty boring flights...

It's pretty ****** that dji don't make spare components available....

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using MavicPilots mobile app

My P2v has also failed, although I have been unable to isolate the fault to a specific component. The lack of availability of components makes it pretty difficult. I no longer have a video feed my phone - the screen is black with a line down the middle. I can still record video and still shots, but just can't see what the camera is looking at. Makes for pretty boring flights...

It's pretty ****** that dji don't make spare components available....

DJI's product support is terrible. With the increasing complexity of UAV's you have to wonder how/if they are going to support their products. From what I have seen of them so far, I am certainly not ready to plunk down my $$ for another DJI drone. It is too bad because the Mavic looks like a very capable drone.

Queso,

98% chance it's the WiFi module. Good luck finding one for less than $200-$500. Even if you do, it'll likely burn out quickly as well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jerry

Queso,

98% chance it's the WiFi module. Good luck finding one for less than $200-$500. Even if you do, it'll likely burn out quickly as well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jerry
Hey Jerry,

Well, that stinks. It's bad enough that DJI seem to have no spare parts, but it's even worse that their firmware upgrade is the apparent cause of the problem, and they refuse to do anything about it. Still, with so many of us (myself included) so willing to just buy a new drone, what's their incentive to offer support for previous models?

Ques,

There is none! DJI is like a demolition race car without mirrors and an unlimited supply of gas. They just put the pedal to the floor moving forward and never look back!

Jerry

Ques,

There is none! DJI is like a demolition race car without mirrors and an unlimited supply of gas. They just put the pedal to the floor moving forward and never look back!

Jerry
You are unfortunately bang on. Until DJI's competitors step up their game, they (i.e. DJI) have no incentive to look after their customers. The early adopters that rush out to buy the latest and greatest offering are NOT doing the industry any favors. Given my horrid experiences with my P2V+, I will never buy another DJI product again.

You are unfortunately bang on. Until DJI's competitors step up their game, they (i.e. DJI) have no incentive to look after their customers. The early adopters that rush out to buy the latest and greatest offering are NOT doing the industry any favors. Given my horrid experiences with my P2V+, I will never buy another DJI product again.

Why join this site then?

FC,

I'm on a different page. Although the mess with my P2 was frustrating, expensive and no fun, I flew the crap out of that thing before the wifi module issue. I definitely got my money's worth out of it! It's new consumer technology and I knew it was a gamble going in to it.

I have since purchased 2-P3Pro's (both of which fly flawlessly), a 3DR Solo (out of business now) and I have 3 racing drones. It's a lot of work but it's worth it for all of the fun I get out of it.

Jerry

FC,

I'm on a different page. Although the mess with my P2 was frustrating, expensive and no fun, I flew the crap out of that thing before the wifi module issue. I definitely got my money's worth out of it! It's new consumer technology and I knew it was a gamble going in to it.

I have since purchased 2-P3Pro's (both of which fly flawlessly), a 3DR Solo (out of business now) and I have 3 racing drones. It's a lot of work but it's worth it for all of the fun I get out of it.

Jerry
Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity the fly my drone often. I estimate that so far the **** thing (the P2V+) has cost me approx $30 per flight. Ridiculous.

Why join this site then?

Fair question. I joined with the expectation that I will be upgrading to a Mavic.

BTW...when I say I will never buy another DJI product...never is a long time. :) I will have to see a substantial turnaround in the way DJI treats customers before I consider buying another one of their products. Based on the online chatter I am seeing, product support is a huge issue for DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242