DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO (NEW) WON'T CALIBRATE

Stoney B

Reactions
Really need some help. Took my MP out for first time (did all updates, AC & RC with assistant 2) batteries all charged. Turned on RC then the AC then opened Go4, good sats controller said ready to go but when I tried calibrating, on the horizontal rotation could not get solid green but tried vertical anyway and got flashing red & yellow. Now, Im in a park which has 6 soccer fields and I moved about 4 or 5 times (thinking there was underground pipes etc, but wherever I moved it would not calibrate but the RC says GPS Mode & Ready to go. I had a toy grade from Holystone & calibrated it with no problem at that park. Anyone have any ideas as to what Im doing wrong? Any suggestions? could it be the AC? I didn't want to turn on the motors & fly without compass calibrated even tho RC said good to go.Hopefully I'm just missing a step somewhere. Also unrelated to problem, I saw a little yellow tab sticking out fron the top of the camera like a tab that has to be removed. What is that? Thanks

Did the drone message you that a calibration was needed?
No, but it was the first time i used it so i thought i shud do it so it wouldn't head back to china lol. But as i said i found a utube that said from main go4 screen press the dots in upper rt, then press AC icon & press cal compass. I'm gonna try that today. BTW- i really appreciate the way everyone gives so freely of their ttime & knowledge. Its NOT taken for granted.

You should only do a calibration if prompted to do so, as stated in the manual.
What you should do is check the status of the compass(es), BOTH should be in the green.
As should the IMU sensors. Also make sure that the "radar" map is showing the correct orientation on the map for the AC, and it follows the yaw changes.
This should be done before starting the motors, and after you take of and hover for a bit to check that controls are responding as they should, re-check your compasses/IMU sensors (all of this takes maybe 1.5/2 minutes of battery time.

And oh yeah, don't forget to hit that record button before you do take off, you don't want miss anything...

Last edited:
Reactions: WAXMAN
Thank you for the info. I flew today even tho there was no way to calibrate. The AC was blinking green so i thought it would be ok. Sometimes it seems like a lot to take in at once but practice is it's own reward. I can't find where the green lites for the compasses or IMU are located in the manual. Where would i look? It's probably a stupid quest but thanks for putting up with them.

Thank you for the info. I flew today even tho there was no way to calibrate. The AC was blinking green so i thought it would be ok. Sometimes it seems like a lot to take in at once but practice is it's own reward. I can't find where the green lites for the compasses or IMU are located in the manual. Where would i look? It's probably a stupid quest but thanks for putting up with them.

The sensor state/readings are in the Go4 app. When the bird is powered up and connected, open the Go4 app, and go into the aircraft settings (looks like a tiny quad) and you should see sensors and go into that to check the status of them both, 2 compasses, and the IMU.

The sensor state/readings are in the Go4 app. When the bird is powered up and connected, open the Go4 app, and go into the aircraft settings (looks like a tiny quad) and you should see sensors and go into that to check the status of them both, 2 compasses, and the IMU.
Thank you so much. As a new pilot (and plus, it was a huge investment for me) I can't say enough how much i appreciate everyone's help & advice. You guys are great.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but make sure you have read and be exposed to every page of it. You won't remember it all in the first couple of passes, but you'll know where to find
the information you're looking for. Print out a 2/3 hard copies to read. Nightstand, livingroom table, even the "throne".........

Also, youtube has a lot of vids to go thru, you'll always pick up a tip or something from them.
Start with the Ed Ricker series on the Mavic.....

Please don't take this the wrong way, but make sure you have read and be exposed to every page of it. You won't remember it all in the first couple of passes, but you'll know where to find
the information you're looking for. Print out a 2/3 hard copies to read. Nightstand, livingroom table, even the "throne".........

Also, youtube has a lot of vids to go thru, you'll always pick up a tip or something from them.
Start with the Ed Ricker series on the Mavic.....
No problem. I'm not at all thin skinned. I've made a hard copy in a binder with dividers for each section and you're right, as i read it's easier to locate things. Plus i made notes from your answers & utube and bring those AND the manual when i fly. Thanks again. Looking forward to the time i can pay it forward with giving advice here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato