DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro no gimbal movement on start up, no video feed, but have video doing the calibration on the pc

Paulo Barb

Reactions
Mavic Pro no gimbal movement on start up or after, no video feed, but have video doing the calibration on the pc
Latest firmware installed, never crashed. Started once with the plastic protection still on but worked after that. Just stopped working one day.
Phone says gimbal disconnected.
Anyone can help? or point me to an existent thread? Couldnt find one this specific
Thanks

@Paulo Barb ,sounds very much like a damaged cable from the camera board to the gimbal
i had a similar issue with my MPP after over three years of trouble free flights ,and changing the ribbon cable fixed it ,i could not see any real damage to the cable till i had removed it ,but it had micro breaks where it constantly flexes during use
its amazing they work,as well as they do over a long period of time when you consider,how fine they are,

Reactions: Scona
Hey Old Man Mavic....approximately how many hours on your Mavic Pro P before the cable had to be replaced? I have a Mavic Pro with maybe 14 hours of flight time with tender loving care. Just wondering when to expect a cable change.

Reactions: old man mavic
@GregS my air data stats show 142 hours 564 miles,618 flights
so you have a way to go yet

@GregS my air data stats show 142 hours 564 miles,618 flights
so you have a way to go yet
Thanks....good to know. Love my Mavic Pro. Fly it more than my P4P. I did not fly after about 75% of the times I charged my batteries. Something always comes up; weather, friends stopping by, chores; etc. So drone time is not even close to flying time. Drone should last longer than the 3 batteries.

Reactions: old man mavic
Mavic Pro no gimbal movement on start up or after, no video feed, but have video doing the calibration on the pc
Latest firmware installed, never crashed. Started once with the plastic protection still on but worked after that. Just stopped working one day.
Phone says gimbal disconnected.
Anyone can help? or point me to an existent thread? Couldnt find one this specific
Thanks
Just to note that the video you see on calibration is from the vision sensors not the camera. As stated in previous replies the ribbon cable is most likely the issue but it's a pain to replace so definitely have a repair person do it if you aren't confident in your ability to work with it. Also make sure you get a high quality cable the cheap ones often take a few until you get one that works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143