DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro not connecting to controller after submergion

tom ben eliyahu

Reactions
I unfortunately had my mavic pro go for a swim in salt water? I was however avale to get it out in less than 30s, pull the battery off right away and sunk it in fresh water before pulling it apart, drying it, then putting it in a bag with rice/ silica for about 2 weeks. Tried to turn it on yesterday with another battery and no smoke or weird sounds, no visible signs of corrosion on the circuit boards from what I can tell and everything is moving. So far so good.. BUT, I can’t get it to connect to the controller or to phone via the wifi option and have a rapid yellow flashing light in the back (just means no connection to controller from what I gather?)

Currently in the Caribbean so sending it in for repairs isn’t really an option and it’s likely going to cost an arm and a leg.. would like to try to repair it myself but not sure what parts to order and where to get them. I realize that salt water submersions are about the worst thing you can do to electronics so might not be worthwhile, but seems silly to throw away something that seems to be not that far from functional...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

cheers,
Tom

2 seconds is too much. Salt water = Toast....uless you immediately disassembled it & cleaned every piece. Even if you get it to work, the salt will accelerate corrosion, and I wouldn't trust flying it. Buy a new one.

Unless you can ensure that you have flushed out all of the salt from the whole of the electronics you will be unable to guarantee that the drone will fly as commanded. Put it down to experience and buy a new drone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61