DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro or mavic mini?

CaptainCrash71

Reactions
Hi folks.
Sold my mavic air late last year, but because I'd bought it on a black Friday deal the year before, I only lost about 100 quid for one years use.
I found I didn't use it as much as I wanted, it was always too windy where I live and never got chance to get further afield.
I find myself now missing my drone, seeing loads of opportunities when I could be flying on a daily basis.
Seeing as I've had an air, I don't want to revisit that, so I have 2 choices on my budget, a used mavic pro or a new mini.
I'm pretty sure most people will say mavic pro, but maybe someone will help me sway they other way. What's people's thoughts?
Been offered a pro with 2 batteries and some extras, never flown for £450
Cheers
Alan

Hi folks.
Sold my mavic air late last year, but because I'd bought it on a black Friday deal the year before, I only lost about 100 quid for one years use.
I found I didn't use it as much as I wanted, it was always too windy where I live and never got chance to get further afield.
I find myself now missing my drone, seeing loads of opportunities when I could be flying on a daily basis.
Seeing as I've had an air, I don't want to revisit that, so I have 2 choices on my budget, a used mavic pro or a new mini.
I'm pretty sure most people will say mavic pro, but maybe someone will help me sway they other way. What's people's thoughts?
Been offered a pro with 2 batteries and some extras, never flown for £450
Cheers
Alan
if the mavic pro is genuine then thats the one to go for,just in terms of ability alone,make sure the batteries are ok ie number of charges and voltage difference between cells and no swelling,

if the mavic pro is genuine then thats the one to go for,just in terms of ability alone,make sure the batteries are ok ie number of charges and voltage difference between cells and no swelling,

and batteries/controller not left idle for more than say a year as the lipos can become doa.

Reactions: old man mavic
No ... I wouldn't step on the "Mini train" at this stage (if ever), not honed enough yet with alot of sw glitches & suspected fw related issues.

Furthermore coming from the Air, used to be able to mod sensitivity settings to your liking, be able to manually override the auto camera settings, get more then enough pilot info from the DJI GO4 app guiding you in the flight ... and power & ripping speed to resist high winds. Think the Mini will be a disappointment compered ...

In my world it's only one choice ... if you don't explicit need to slip under the weight limit for licensing or just need to have your drone in your pocket for convenience.

If you didn’t fly your Air because of the wind (it handles wind really well, btw) then a Mini would definitely be a mistake.

The only reason to get the Mini instead of the Pro is if you don't want to bother with the registration process of the heavier Pro.

Registration really isn't an issue & for a simple test & a 9 quid charge isn't a huge amount to pay for peace of mind. I bought the M2 zoom last year & have never looked back, especially when I witness here the constant stream of lost Mini's & wind problems! ( :oops: ahem..).

Good luck!

Pro....... definitely the Pro, especially at the price you quoted! Even if the batteries were in bad shape, the value is far better with the Pro!

If you are living at a windy location the Mini is no option, a clear vote for the Pro.
I have both of them and know their limits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803