DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum Price Difference

STEye

Reactions
I am in a bit of predicament. I was set on paying the extra money on the Platinum and was waiting for Black Friday to get one on sale. Turns out they were heavily discounting the MP and I was able to snag one for $770 out the door. The cheapest I can find the MPP is $1069 right now. Is it worth the extra $300 to buy the Platinum? I know the differences and just don't know if it is worth it. Any advice is appreciated!

I am in a bit of predicament. I was set on paying the extra money on the Platinum and was waiting for Black Friday to get one on sale. Turns out they were heavily discounting the MP and I was able to snag one for $770 out the door. The cheapest I can find the MPP is $1069 right now. Is it worth the extra $300 to buy the Platinum? I know the differences and just don't know if it is worth it. Any advice is appreciated!
Howdy from Wyoming STEye, welcome to the community, there are plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Looks like you have all the information you need; just need to bite the bullet and make a decision.

Reactions: STEye

I'd go for the deal. And that sounds like a good one, too. The differences are not that significant. Keep in mind that within a year or so there will be something out with even more features and options than these two. The industry is changing, advancing, fast, and, so far, DJI seems to be leading the pack.

Reactions: STEye
I have both. And as much I like my new MPP I would suggest you go for that deal. It's too good to pass up. The MPP is quieter, but I never thought the MP was noisy or annoying. Having a couple extra minutes of flight time was nice when I was testing out the new pano mode, but not enough to justify the $300 difference in your case

Reactions: tedten
Is it worth the extra $300 to buy the Platinum?
It might be if you're doing something that requires every last possible second of flight time (since you'll get a minute or so extra with the MPP). Otherwise, keep the MP (that's a good deal!) and buy some 8331 props (you'll need two sets).

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a couple extra minutes of flight time, but it isn't critical. I was more concerned with it being quieter. I would be more than happy to pay $100 more, but $300 is a bit much.
It might be if you're doing something that requires every last possible second of flight time (since you'll get a minute or so extra with the MPP). Otherwise, keep the MP (that's a good deal!) and buy some 8331 props (you'll need two sets).

I was more concerned with it being quieter. I would be more than happy to pay $100 more, but $300 is a bit much.
You're in luck then. A set of 8331 props will only cost you ~$30. Swap them out with the props that come with your Mavic Pro and you'll enjoy the same benefit.

Reactions: Oconnb910
You're in luck then. A set of 8331 props will only cost you ~$30. Swap them out with the props that come with your Mavic Pro and you'll enjoy the same benefit.
From some of the videos I have seen it appears that the new ESC provides some noise reduction. I presume that that is not replaceable?

From some of the videos I have seen it appears that the new ESC provides some noise reduction. I presume that that is not replaceable?
So I found myself in a predicament where I needed a replacement quickly and wanted to look at the MPP but browsing online after Cyber Monday could not find any good deal with the separation lesser than $300 and considering I already have 4 batteries and all of that with the regular MP I went to Costco and picked up their little package with the prop guards and the bag for 9 9 9. I'm sure I probably could have done a little better but the bag alone is 75 bucks so that is what I settled with! BTW anybody need a DJI bag LOL

So I found myself in a predicament where I needed a replacement quickly and wanted to look at the MPP but browsing online after Cyber Monday could not find any good deal with the separation lesser than $300 and considering I already have 4 batteries and all of that with the regular MP I went to Costco and picked up their little package with the prop guards and the bag for 9 9 9. I'm sure I probably could have done a little better but the bag alone is 75 bucks so that is what I settled with! BTW anybody need a DJI bag LOL
Did you lose your first one?

Did you lose your first one?
Yes I am still searching for it sadly though it was not my first LOL I lost another one a few months back, that one was pretty much my fault all the way I was flying at night and there were high winds and I was not too far from an airport and nfz kicked in

Yes I am still searching for it sadly though it was not my first LOL I lost another one a few months back, that one was pretty much my fault all the way I was flying at night and there were high winds and I was not too far from an airport and nfz kicked in
They sell the Mavic without the accessories for cheaper. I have seen it for around $600.

They sell the Mavic without the accessories for cheaper. I have seen it for around $600.

Yes I have been searching around for those and each time I run into kind of a roadblock considerably the fact that some of them are refurbished and I really don’t want one of those. In the last year I’ve gone through quite a few MavIc pros But I have to admit I love everyone of them until they fail LOL, And since I have so much Maverick gear out already I guess I’m going to follow this path for a while and see what happens. I think I am on number five after today’s purchase. Thank God I had State Farm coverage for this last one! Although I have not heard yet what they are going to give me.

Yes I have been searching around for those and each time I run into kind of a roadblock considerably the fact that some of them are refurbished and I really don’t want one of those. In the last year I’ve gone through quite a few MavIc pros But I have to admit I love everyone of them until they fail LOL, And since I have so much Maverick gear out already I guess I’m going to follow this path for a while and see what happens. I think I am on number five after today’s purchase. Thank God I had State Farm coverage for this last one! Although I have not heard yet what they are going to give me.
Update: State Farm paid my claim and added my new mavic to the policy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60