DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro owner - are new drones more restrictive on where you can fly?

nicefromabove

Reactions
I've had the Mavic Pro for nearly 4+ years now. I was looking to possibly upgrade to a MA2 to get better image quality and fight time primarily, but was wondering are the new drones like MA2 MORE restrictive than Mavic Pro with regards to geofencing, no fly zones?

No the DJI drones are all the same but you may want to hold off just a little longer for the Air 2S with a bigger sensor. closer to that of the Zoom or even the Pro to make the upgrade a smart choice or just get the Mavic 2 Pro. .

Phanomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: Thomas B
I've had the Mavic Pro for nearly 4+ years now. I was looking to possibly upgrade to a MA2 to get better image quality and fight time primarily, but was wondering are the new drones like MA2 MORE restrictive than Mavic Pro with regards to geofencing, no fly zones?
I used to fly on my own property without issue. Then DJI said there was an update so I did. Now my same property is in a NFZ because of a small airport 5 miles away. So it's not the drone, it's the software.

Thanks for that info, I wasn't sure if it was software because the DJI Fly Safe Geo Zone map asks you to specify the drone (Select Area selection at the top asks for Continent > Country > Drone)

I'm not forced to update the app or firmware with my existing Mavic Pro, so I haven't updated in a long time. Before I launch the app or fly, I have an old habit of turning off all the radios including Wifi, Bluetooth, Cell, so I don't know I've accidentally bypassed the updates that way.

My Air 2 tells me I'm in a restricted area and asks if I accept responsibility for the flight. Just accept that and go on.

My Air 2 tells me I'm in a restricted area and asks if I accept responsibility for the flight. Just accept that and go on.
For me this is where i just use common sense , and take this as a warning to be extra cautious of Planes , and fly knowing that I am not within the 5 miles of any Air Port.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

For me this is where i just use common sense , and take this as a warning to be extra cautious of Planes , and fly knowing that I am not within the 5 miles of any Air Port.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

I say yes if I'm in my house about 1/2 mile from KBVO airport.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato