DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum abnormal gimbal vibration and behavior.

Mavic Pro Platinum

Reactions
I got my Care Refresh Mavic Pro Platinum a couple of weeks ago and I’ve had a few gimbal issues. The gimbal will abnormally vibrate and it has gone crazy a couple of times. Is there a way to fit this issue? Your suggestions would be appreciated!

I does it during flight. The gimbal does calibrate to 100%. I have updated the firmware.

Since this is not your first Mavic, and you know what you're doing, it's not user error, it's a hardware malfunction.

They probably sent you a lemon. Do you have something else to fly? I heard about a really great deal on a Spark on eBay... or maybe not lol.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Since this is not your first Mavic, and you know what you're doing, it's not user error, it's a hardware malfunction.

They probably sent you a lemon. Do you have something else to fly? I heard about a really great deal on a Spark on eBay... or maybe not lol.

That stinks. Does the cold have anything to do with it? If the problem persists I’ll send it to DJI and have them send me a replacement.

I’ll do that!

To take it further, maybe keep it in a warmer room before you go, and try it. If it still does it, then the next test would be to leave it out in the cold for an hour, but not below freezing, and then test fly it again. Then you could rule out the temperature as the cause.

I just looked at some footage from my previous Mavic Pro Platinum and there was no vibration at all.

To take it further, maybe keep it in a warmer room before you go, and try it. If it still does it, then the next test would be to leave it out in the cold for an hour, but not below freezing, and then test fly it again. Then you could rule out the temperature as the cause.
Should he leave the battery in it if he does leave it outdoors? I have no cold weather flying experience.

Is it normal if there’s a little vibration when the gimbal is pointing straight ahead at high speeds?

Reactions: Former Member
Have you had a look to make sure the Gimbal mount is all OK??? Sometimes if the Mavic gets a knock, the gimbal mount comes out from under the locating tab at the back, and then just 'flops about' on the rubber suspension bands ...

Gimbal_tab.jpg
If you can see all the tab, that's OK - but if you can't see it because it's behind the gimbal mount plate, then that's not good ... It is a simple fix to just gently move it back under tho' ...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929