DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum - Battery Question

UPTGrad

Reactions
I have a few Mavic Pro Platinum batteries that haven't been flown for 2 months now. (Lost drone, but now found). Most of them have 2-3 buttons of power left.

I am a little surprised. I thought the batteries should be drained in 1-10 days, depending on the settings.

My general question then is: Should the batteries be drained in at least 10 days if not used?

I look forward to flying again soon.
Thanks you.

By default, the batteries will start auto discharging down to the storage level (~65% charged) after 10 days. It takes an additional 2-3 days to discharge them down to the storage level.

While not in use, you should keep them charged up somewhere in between this level:

BatteryLevel.png

If you let the batteries sit for a long period of time, they could drop to dangerously low levels and/or swell up. If your batteries swell up, you should dispose of them immediately.

Ok. Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I've read a few posts where this subject is a little confusing.
After 2 months, it does look like my LED's 2 & 3 light up, showing 25%-62%.
So, from your description, it looks like my batteries did ok.
I thought the setting for 10 days was to drain them to 0 starting after 10 days.
I guess not. That's why I was surprised to see they had power left.
I'll give them a little juice tonight, and look forward to flying again soon.
- Thanks.

I thought the setting for 10 days was to drain them to 0 starting after 10 days.
Fortunately for us, it doesn't work like that. Draining the battery to 0 would be deadly for the batteries. They are healthiest when stored in the above range as much as possible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S