DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum battery

Koelkop

Reactions
Hello,

I have done quite a bit of reading on how to care for your Li-po batteries. Not storing at full voltage etc.

So far I understood that you need to fully charge and discharge the batteries every 20 or so cycles.

Then I find this on the DJI website about the MPP battery..?
mpp-jpg.35788

No need to do full cycles?

You don't ever want to fully discharge the battery. It's not just a regular battery. It has its own software to keep it in a safe state. Just use it and don't worry about it.

Yes I know discharging a li-po to far will damage it. Yet they state it in the manual to do a full charge and discharge every 3 months or so?

Also, this being a smart battery, would it not protect itself from over discharge?

The cell voltage was 3.62v at 4% battery, from what I could google is that 3.5v is the lower voltage limit beyond which damage may occur?
Capture.JPG

The Mavic Pro Battery Safety Guidelines mentions the following:

manual-jpg.35839

Some people think this means the batteries must be cycled, but I think DJI is recommending nothing more than using your batteries at least once every 3 months. If you're not able to use your batteries for some reason, then they'll likely be just fine if you keep the charge level in the red area here:

batterylevel-png.35840

Some people think this means the batteries must be cycled, but I think DJI is recommending nothing more than using your batteries at least once every 3 months. If you're not able to use your batteries for some reason, then they'll likely be just fine if you keep the charge level in the red area here:

DJI thinks they should be cycled. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll