DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Disconnect

MavProPlat1968

Reactions
So, I was flying my MPP earlier this evening and I was approximately 135' in the air and somewhere in the neighborhood of 800' out, just a guess on those though. I looked up at the drone, then when I looked back down at my screen, it said disconnected in the upper left had corner of the DJI GO 4 app, and everything went grey. I didn't notice the other stuff along the top, because I went into full panic mode. I hit the return to home button on the controller and it made the tone like it normally does, and within probably 10 seconds, the drone returned home. There wasn't much wind at the time, and the drone didn't seem to drift so I'm not sure if it truly "disconnected" or not. Hoping you guys could maybe have some insight into this. Makes me kinda nervous to put it back up in the air. When I came back in I was messing around in the settings and noticed beside the Firmware button, there was an error that said ABNORMAL! when I click it, it says Calibrate the Vision Sensors with the DJI Assistant on Pc or Mac for higher accuracy. I downloaded the assistant, and went through the front and downward calibrations, then it started the progress bar and gave me a calibration error. Now the assistant won't even recognize my MPP when I plug it in the the pc. Any ideas, I also used an older version, it does recognize it, but still get the error after the calibration process.

So, I was flying my MPP earlier this evening and I was approximately 135' in the air and somewhere in the neighborhood of 800' out, just a guess on those though. I looked up at the drone, then when I looked back down at my screen, it said disconnected in the upper left had corner of the DJI GO 4 app, and everything went grey. I didn't notice the other stuff along the top, because I went into full panic mode. I hit the return to home button on the controller and it made the tone like it normally does, and within probably 10 seconds, the drone returned home. There wasn't much wind at the time, and the drone didn't seem to drift so I'm not sure if it truly "disconnected" or not. Hoping you guys could maybe have some insight into this. Makes me kinda nervous to put it back up in the air. When I came back in I was messing around in the settings and noticed beside the Firmware button, there was an error that said ABNORMAL! when I click it, it says Calibrate the Vision Sensors with the DJI Assistant on Pc or Mac for higher accuracy. I downloaded the assistant, and went through the front and downward calibrations, then it started the progress bar and gave me a calibration error. Now the assistant won't even recognize my MPP when I plug it in the the pc. Any ideas, I also used an older version, it does recognize it, but still get the error after the calibration process.

The controller must have been still "connected" to the drone or else the RTH button would not have been working. That leads me to believe that your USB cable from the controller to the device came out or came loose. Are you using the side or bottom port to connect?

As far as DJI A2, your controller needs to be turned off when you use the software. If it is, then it should connect to DJI A2. Which computer are you using it to calibrate the sensors? If a laptop, try a desktop.

The controller must have been still "connected" to the drone or else the RTH button would not have been working. That leads me to believe that your USB cable from the controller to the device came out or came loose. Are you using the side or bottom port to connect?

As far as DJI A2, your controller needs to be turned off when you use the software. If it is, then it should connect to DJI A2. Which computer are you using it to calibrate the sensors? If a laptop, try a desktop.
I am using the bottom port to connect from controller to the phone. And I am on a desktop with the DJI A2. I did have my controller on, so I am going to try again with it off.

Reactions: Former Member
Might be a good idea. Live and learn. ;)
Might be a good idea. Live and learn. ;)
So, I turned the controller off, ran the DJI A2 and still won't recognize it, Ran DJI A 1.1.2 and it shows it and Mavic Pro, but won't show the firmware version. But I did get the sensor calibration issue fixed. As far as the disconnect issue, I was just scared that it was an android issue.

Reactions: Former Member
So, I turned the controller off, ran the DJI A2 and still won't recognize it, Ran DJI A 1.1.2 and it shows it and Mavic Pro, but won't show the firmware version. But I did get the sensor calibration issue fixed. As far as the disconnect issue, I was just scared that it was an android issue.

Congrats. Getting the sensors calibrated is a good first step.

You might try to use a different device to fly, but I have never had a problem in thousands of flights with my 'droids.

Reactions: BD0G
Congrats. Getting the sensors calibrated is a good first step.

You might try to use a different device to fly, but I have never had a problem in thousands of flights with my 'droids.
version 1.2.5 of the DJI A2 recognizes it and shows the firmware. I think I have everything back to where it needs to be. I may need to get a better usb cable. I'm gonna fly around a little tomorrow evening, keep it close to home though and just see how it acts. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

version 1.2.5 of the DJI A2 recognizes it and shows the firmware. I think I have everything back to where it needs to be. I may need to get a better usb cable. I'm gonna fly around a little tomorrow evening, keep it close to home though and just see how it acts. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I also had a cable problem. My solution was to get an Anker brand cable. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. This one has never failed on my iPad mini 4.

Anker Powerline+ II Lightning... Amazon.com: Anker Powerline+ II Lightning Cable (1ft), MFi Certified for Flawless Compatibility with iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR/X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus / 6/6 Plus / 5 / 5S and More(Red): Cell Phones & Accessories

I also had a cable problem. My solution was to get an Anker brand cable. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. This one has never failed on my iPad mini 4.

Anker Powerline+ II Lightning... Amazon.com: Anker Powerline+ II Lightning Cable (1ft), MFi Certified for Flawless Compatibility with iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR/X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus / 6/6 Plus / 5 / 5S and More(Red): Cell Phones & Accessories
Do you use a mount for your IM4 or do you just use the holders on the controller??

You have a Mavmount or one from Amazon or somewhere?

This one from Amazon.

DJI Mavic Air Pro Platinum Spark... Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Air Pro Platinum Spark Tablet Holder – UZOPI Aluminum-Alloy Adjustable Remote Controller Accessories Bracket Mount Extender with Neck Lanyard Strap for 4-12 Inch Phone Tablets: Camera & Photo

And my shade.

Favrison 7.9inch L168 Black FPV... Amazon.com: Favrison 7.9inch L168 Black FPV Phone Monitor Sun Shade Cover Tablets Pad Hood for DJI Phantom 4/3,Mavic Pro,Inspire,OSMO,M600 Monitor Remote Controller for IPad mini2/3/4,SamSung Galaxy Tab A/S2: Camera & Photo

Looks like this with the Anker cord.

01e3ee4c3ca6bd7a4acdcadfd715c0de.jpg

Reactions: MavProPlat1968
Reactions: WAXMAN
You see a big difference? And how hard to install?

Take a look here... As far as difficulty installing, it was a little challenging since I didn't want to mess things up. But it turned out ok. The alternative is to pay Titan to do it.

I got the titan Switch and use the MavMount holder turned around from how you have it installed. It gives me more access to the RC display.
I was quite capable of installing the Titan antenna stubs into the RC but chose to have Titan install one and @Thunderdrones install the other one.
About 50% of my flying is with the Omni antenna and the rest with the 9db whips.

I got the titan Switch and use the MavMount holder turned around from how you have it installed. It gives me more access to the RC display.
I was quite capable of installing the Titan antenna stubs into the RC but chose to have Titan install one and @Thunderdrones install the other one.
About 50% of my flying is with the Omni antenna and the rest with the 9db whips.

Would you please post a picture of your set up with the Omni antenna? And I’m interested in how it balances when turning the mount around.

What kind of range do you get with the switch and Omni? Maybe I should reconsider getting the switch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54