DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum fit observations

Mitch

Reactions
A few observations on my 2nd MPP. The first was returned due to the gimbal going randomly crazy.

Make sure the battery snaps in all the way. At first I thought it was snapped in but loose. The drone powered up fine. Later after playing around I realized it was not snapped in for a snug fit. I don't think my first MPP needed an extra push to snug up the battery.

When folded up for storage, the rear blades have some pressure on them. My first MPP there was less pressure on the rear blades.

With these observations and my paranoia, when I store the drone I remove the rear blades and battery. I don't like any unnecessary stress exerted on plastic if I can control it. This is mostly because I've had a few stress cracks on my Phantoms.

Good points. I have read that some of the battery locks are a little on the weak side, but I never had a battery pop out on it's own. Best advice is to do what you are comfortable with.

Battery lock on my Platinum has been fine. And I don't see any excessive stress on the props, they appear fine to me.

It's why I sent my second one back. 2 of the three batteries felt like they were just barely snapped. Visions of the battery popping out at 400 ft decided me...

It's why I sent my second one back. 2 of the three batteries felt like they were just barely snapped. Visions of the battery popping out at 400 ft decided me...
That's so weird! I have 4 batteries and they all feel exactly the same when I snap them in, with a very solid "click". I've tried pulling up / to the side / wiggling it out on all 4 and was totally unsuccessful. Maybe there is a portion of MPP's that have a slightly misshapen latch or something?

I have three batteries. Each feel the same.
Did you get your MPP from a dealer...is this a possible clone battery?

All batteries fit the same,,,, including the one that came with the drone.

I have three batteries. Each feel the same.
Did you get your MPP from a dealer...is this a possible clone battery?
Genuine DJI.

Just got my shiny new MPP FMC on Thursday. Flew it yesterday. All three batteries have the same, snug fit. With a nice *snap* as they seat in. No problem getting them out either. Perfect fit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun