DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum landing problem

DerekD

Reactions
Can anyone help, used my MPP today to film a property using the POI. The property had a lot of trees but I was able to take off from an open grassy patch. When I wanted to land it just refused to allow me to pilot it towards the open patch. Sometimes when I pushed the right side stick to make it go forward it just went sideways! I managed to maneuver it over the landing area but then it just refused to go down the last 2 metres. So I tried activating the return to home, it went to completely the wrong place (wanted to descend directly above a power line!), but with a struggle I got it back over the landing area and it then landed itself.
I presume the problem was something to do with the obstacle avoidance system.
Anybody got a suggested explanation and any tips how to prevent this happening again?

Last edited:
I was near the drone and clearly able to see it. Also I have an extended range antenna on the controller which I kept pointed towards the drone at all times. There was no evidence of any loss of signal (note corrected detail edited in original post).

I was near the drone and clearly able to see it. Also I have an extended range antenna on the controller which I kept pointed towards the drone at all times. There was no evidence of any loss of signal (note corrected detail edited in original post).
Your description sounds like the drone did not have a home point registered yet... that is not before it flew away from the grassy area... then it registered one later in the flight.

Are you sure of the drone’s orientation when it did things that are not what you wanted or expected...

Your description sounds like the drone did not have a home point registered yet... that is not before it flew away from the grassy area... then it registered one later in the flight.

Are you sure of the drone’s orientation when it did things that are not what you wanted or expected...
I think you are right about the home point. But I was certain of its orientation, just trying to land manually. I think it must have still been in poi mode which confused it. If it happens again I will try the sport mode tip.

Sport mode was what I was going to suggest, so as to be sure OA was disabled. I suspect OA was the cause for refusing to go to the patch.

Sport mode would have also canceled POI.

Reactions: DerekD
You can go into your flight list and play back the log. If it was in POI, or OA detected, it should show.
Ok worked out how to see the flight log, and all the guesses are correct: home point set in wrong place, didn't exit poi before trying to manually land, OA was causing my problems. Will know better next time, thanks for all the comments!

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair