DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Purchase

JEFFMM1

Reactions
Hello - I purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum and it arrives on Wednesday. The seller said that the Mavic hasn't been flown. Can I confirm this by powering up the drone and syncing it with the Airdata UAV application?

Thanks,

Jeff

No ... this as all possible so called mobile device .TXT or .DAT logs are in the sellers phone, registered on his DJI account.

Now this is a MPP & the craft stored .DAT logs from there is readable for us, so that is one ... perhaps not so easy/accurate method to check if it really haven't been flown, not even a single time. The problem there is that those logs aren't so easily accessible & also that the craft memory there is filled then when full the oldest are being deleted. But the name of the logs there can give some hint of how many times it's been flown or powered on (DAT logs runs from power on to off & the name ends with FLYxxx where xxx is a number that is counting up every time a DAT is created.)

Read here on how to retrieve craft .DAT logs (read section 2 & 3 there) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
No ... this as all possible so called mobile device .TXT or .DAT logs are in the sellers phone, registered on his DJI account.

Now this is a MPP & the craft stored .DAT logs from there is readable for us, so that is one ... perhaps not so easy/accurate method to check if it really haven't been flown, not even a single time. The problem there is that those logs aren't so easily accessible & also that the craft memory there is filled then when full the oldest are being deleted. But the name of the logs there can give some hint of how many times it's been flown or powered on (DAT logs runs from power on to off & the name ends with FLYxxx where xxx is a number that is counting up every time a DAT is created.)

Read here on how to retrieve craft .DAT logs (read section 2 & 3 there) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide
I found some additional information below that Airdata UAV published on obtaining .DAT logs.

I found some additional information below that Airdata UAV published on obtaining .DAT logs...
Yeah ... but what they provide regarding how to retrieve the craft .DAT logs isn't unique ... you use DJI Assistant 2, that's the way you do it, it's how you take the logs out from the craft.

If you find logs there you can tell that the craft have been used before, either it has only been powered on ... or used for real airborne flights.

If you want to know which, you have numerous of ways to decode the logs & see flight paths & other telemetric data together with raw sensor data ... one way to see this info is through Airdata which only provide very limited info though.

But as your need is to know if the craft have been used before it's mainly no need to upload them to Airdata ... when the craft is brand new it will be a couple .DAT logs in the craft coming from DJI's own tests ... so the highest log number there will end with something like ...FLY003.DAT meaning that the craft have at least been powered on 3 times.

If you find logs ending with something like ...FLY238.DAT, you know that the craft have at least been on 238 times... & most probably not only power on's, it's likely that the craft have been used/flown quite a bit.

I'd be a little suspicious of a MPP that hasn't been flown, as it's no longer made . . . it could be the seller bought this some time ago, or from stock from a reseller, some countries have stock still, many don't.

If it is an older item, and hasn't been flown at all (or much) then stored, I'd be checking condition of batteries pretty quickly on arrival to make sure they are still ok.
The drone battery(ies) and controller batteries can go dead if left for long periods (1 year, 2 years or more ?) and drain flat over that time.

It's a great aircraft, many original M1P and MPP are still doing their thing, going strong.
Be aware batteries are also getting very scarce now, some countries will have dribs and drabs of OEM stock here and there, but there are some reasonable aftermarket batteries available too which could keep one flying.

Enjoy the new drone and if it's your first, take it slow and learn a lot through here on the forum, the manual (download from online), and YouTube tutorials are fantastic.

Another way to check is to insert a battery, turn on the drone and look at the battery status in the app. It will show you how many times the battery has been charged.

I'd be a little suspicious of a MPP that hasn't been flown, as it's no longer made . . . it could be the seller bought this some time ago, or from stock from a reseller, some countries have stock still, many don't.

If it is an older item, and hasn't been flown at all (or much) then stored, I'd be checking condition of batteries pretty quickly on arrival to make sure they are still ok.
The drone battery(ies) and controller batteries can go dead if left for long periods (1 year, 2 years or more ?) and drain flat over that time.

It's a great aircraft, many original M1P and MPP are still doing their thing, going strong.
Be aware batteries are also getting very scarce now, some countries will have dribs and drabs of OEM stock here and there, but there are some reasonable aftermarket batteries available too which could keep one flying.

Enjoy the new drone and if it's your first, take it slow and learn a lot through here on the forum, the manual (download from online), and YouTube tutorials are fantastic.
I love my MPP and fly it regularly. I shall continue with it and like my car run it into the ground before replacing

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I love my MPP and fly it regularly. I shall continue with it and like my car run it into the ground before replacing
Agree totally.
I till have my M1P and fantastic kit for it, around AU$3500 total when all new I guess.
For my simple needs it’s still a fine and fun performer, along with similarly kitted up Spark for lighter travels.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji