DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum: Ready to Purchase

RickinWaST

Reactions
This will be my first drone purchase. I recently join this forum and want to thank everyone for their feedback. I'm considering the following and any help is welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Pro Platinum W/Fly More Combo (Best Buy $1,099). The combo provides: 1 extra battery, extra platinum tip propeller , charging hub, car charger, battery to power bank adaptor, and shoulder bag.

Authorized Dealers - If there's a better deal from a reliable/trusted authorized dealer you have used let me know. I'm aware there are many resellers on Amazon/Ebay and the community has cautioned folks.

Other items to be purchased at this time...
DJI Care Refresh (I can purchase this although I'm not buying the drone directly from DJI, right?)
Battery Bags Large (Needed, right?)
Landing Pad
PolarPro Landing Gear Extensions?
Controller Screen Protector

Items for later...
ND filters (3)
Additional batteries (Stay w/DJI batteries?)
Rapid battery charger? Are they worth it? How faster charging are they?

Authorized Dealers - If there's a better deal from a reliable/trusted authorized dealer you have used let me know.
Best Buy is an okay place to buy. You can find some other dealers with similar packages at that price here. You'll also save some on Amazon since there are tax-free deals available.

DJI Care Refresh (I can purchase this although I'm not buying the drone directly from DJI, right?)
Yes, you can buy it from DJI here. You'll need to wait until you have your drone in hand since you need to enter the drone serial number to purchase from DJI.

Make sure you purchase DJI Care Refresh within 48 hours of activating your drone in DJI GO. If you wait longer than 48 hours, you'll have to submit a video to DJI GO (like this one) to show your drone is in working order.

Battery Bags Large (Needed, right?)
Maybe. What are you going to do with them?

Additional batteries (Stay w/DJI batteries?)
Yes. Here are a few places to buy additional Mavic Pro Platinum batteries:

Rapid battery charger? Are they worth it? How faster charging are they?
A parallel battery charger will save you time (if that's important). You can find a list of commonly used chargers along with the charge times here.

The Yx parallel charger (or Powerextra) is a good charger to consider.

1565632992123.png

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Actually you get two extra batteries with the Fly-More for a package total of three. The detailed description confirms this.

Have a look at this:

from @djidroneservice, a recognized vendor on this forum, he has some deals on right now...

Reactions: DDS
Maybe your mind is already made up, but you're going to be spending $1200 or more on two-year old tech when for the same price you can buy a Mavic 2. Granted you won't get the extra batts, but refurb Pro 2s are out there for $1199 . If I was going to buy another MP1 I'd just pick one up on the classifieds on this forum for about $500 and fly it like I stole it. Nothing against the MP1 - - I wouldn't part with mine, but I wouldn't pay $1200 for another one.

Maybe your mind is already made up, but you're going to be spending $1200 or more on two-year old tech when for the same price you can buy a Mavic 2. Granted you won't get the extra batts, but refurb Pro 2s are out there for $1199 . If I was going to buy another MP1 I'd just pick one up on the classifieds on this forum for about $500 and fly it like I stole it. Nothing against the MP1 - - I wouldn't part with mine, but I wouldn't pay $1200 for another one.
I totally agree... If I am going to spend $1200 or close to it... I rather go with a mavic 2 zoom new or refurbished

We done beat that horse to death

1565636486706.gif

Good. Luck Rick (go hawks)
I’m sure you’ll have fun
cR

Budget in mind .... DONT Do It.!
MPP= Moped
M2P = Motorcycle
With no disrespect to the MPP Pilot’s

The M2P
Is the top of the food chain.
($1500drone market)

..... And don’t wait
For tomorrow is never a sure thing.!

IMO..... (and yes I’m still on fire)
over my 1 month ol M2P

.....cR
[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Just found this on the MP board
“Smoking Deal

I guess were not quite done with the Horse

.....cR

QUOTE="NOS77, post: 805272, member: 86792"]
Selling my Mavic Pro2 due to it collecting dust. It’s awesome and I love it, I just don't have the time to fly it. I had one minor crash with it at about 3 ft. that did some very minor cosmetic damage (See Pictures). Everything works great! Included is 2 batteries, Polar Pro case, ND filters, landing pad and everything else as if new. I am asking $1200.00. Let me know!
[/QUOTE]

both drones, MP and MP2 you can get used ones for a good price. (that saves cash and has options for buying useful accessories)

Reactions: freightshaker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929