DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum - Video Hesitating/Jerky While Turning

JGJ13

Reactions
Hi, all. I'm brand new to this, and have only flown my Mavic Pro Platinum a few times.

I am finding that when I turn the Mavic -- not super slow, but a slow-ish steady turn -- the video will hesitate sometimes or get a little jerky. Not consistently, just occasionally. Sometimes it seems to stop for a moment, and then it jerks back into motion.

I have tried multiple video resolutions (1080, 2.7K and 4K) as well as multiple frame rates (24 and 30), and it does the same thing.

I did IMU and gymbal calibrations. Same issue. This happens both if I stay in place with the turn, or if I am flying and turning.

It's not just a recording issue (though I've tried multiple SD cards), or a playback issue, because I can SEE the issue in my DJI headset while flying, as well as on the screen of the iPad mini. I also used my android phone. Same issue.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Here's an example of the hesitation (start/stop) issue:

30FPS

Hi, all. I'm brand new to this, and have only flown my Mavic Pro Platinum a few times.

I am finding that when I turn the Mavic -- not super slow, but a slow-ish steady turn -- the video will hesitate sometimes or get a little jerky. Not consistently, just occasionally. Sometimes it seems to stop for a moment, and then it jerks back into motion.

I have tried multiple video resolutions (1080, 2.7K and 4K) as well as multiple frame rates (24 and 30), and it does the same thing.

I did IMU and gymbal calibrations. Same issue. This happens both if I stay in place with the turn, or if I am flying and turning.

It's not just a recording issue (though I've tried multiple SD cards), or a playback issue, because I can SEE the issue in my DJI headset while flying, as well as on the screen of the iPad mini. I also used my android phone. Same issue.

30FPS

It looks smooth to me maybe it’s the device your playing it back on? I have seen that happen where the playback device can’t keep up with the video data causing a stutter

I had the same thing and thought my recording was bad until I played it back on my son's gaming computer with a major league graphics card....smooth as silk there. Try it on a graphics computer capable of editing 4k files

30FPS

30FPS

30FPS
I had the same problem. It worked before I put in the 265 standard and related color...It quit working..put the standard back to 264 and the jitter went away.

The video plays perfect for me too... I had the same problems and was even in contact with DJI about it. THey didnt see the problems either. I ended up buying a NEW dell laptop that was 4k compatable. Problem solved. The videos from these new Drones is VERY hard for any older computer to process. Im surprised that DJI doesnt have a warning about this as I see a lot of these problems trying to view the videos on older computers.
Take your video to a NEW computer and try that. I bet its your PC. If not make sure you have a Class 10 SD card for HIgh speed use.

If you are referring to the pause at the 6 second mark, it looks like the SD card can’t keep up with it. Make sure your card as a ‘U3’ on it to keep up with 4K video.

Reactions: Zeke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots