DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro, Pro Alpine or Pro Platinum at this price?

Macabre

Reactions
I have a choice between the following Fly More packs:

MP Alpine at €1100 ($1310)
MP Pro at €1150 ($1370)
MP Platinum at €1500 ($1785)

Alpine is a bit cheaper but doesn't include car charger, the bag and 4-way charger. And I'm not really a big fan of Apple or the white color. But it might have a bit better resale value.

I would love to get MPP but at that price difference I don't think it's worth it. I could get MP Fly More, an extra 4th MP battery and DJI Goggles at the price of just MPP Fly More.

I also plan to get DJI Goggles with whatever version I decide to buy.
I have never flied a drone before, but I am a quick learner.

I can't find cheaper in Sweden.
I could buy from another EU country but I'm not sure about the warranty.

Mention:
GoPro Karma with Hero6 at €1070 ($1275). This one has the added benefit of having an action cam, although I already have Sony action cam, but my guess is that Hero6 camera is actually better than MP?

And also, is it worth waiting for Autel Evo?
I'm not really a big fan of how DJI drones are designed. Air, MP/MPP and Phantom all excel at something, but they all have their issues which would be solved if we only had one drone that has all the qualities of those 3.
I hope Evo will fix this and add the much needed competition.

Last edited:
I'd buy the Regular. I highly doubt resale will be statistically significant, and finding batteries for it down the road is probably going to be a pain. Also, it will get dirty, faster.

Pro with Platinum Props.
I love my mavic pro. I bought the mavic pro fly more kit from bestbuy along with an additional battery, polarpro 6 filter lens kit, tablet mount kit for control, and the gimbal hood $1338.45

Im very happy with my purchase [emoji41]

I posted this on purpose in Mavic Pro Platinum forum, because if people here recommend me vanilla Mavic Pro then it's definitely the best choice XD

I love my mavic pro. I bought the mavic pro fly more kit from bestbuy along with an additional battery, polarpro 6 filter lens kit, tablet mount kit for control, and the gimbal hood $1338.45

Im very happy with my purchase [emoji41]

I checked out those filters. Do they vastly improve the picture quality?

...I checked out those filters. Do they vastly improve the picture quality?
You cannot record smooth video without ND filters to slow down the shutter speed.

Mavic platinum is the best. I’ve owned 36 of the Mavic line.

Best mini camera drone ever built.

Significantly quieter and less “bell ringing” out of the motors.

The sound frequency is significantly lower and whil the DB reading shows one thing the real world experience is much different.

In certain conditions (smooth air) the platinum is unbelievable in how long and quiet it flys.

It is the best by farther than most know.

Until you use it.

I found a good enough deal on Platinum so I went for it. Ordered also the Goggles and DJI own ND filters. I think I'm all set.

About DJI care, I need to get that afterwards, right? There's nothing included in the package?

I posted this on purpose in Mavic Pro Platinum forum, because if people here recommend me vanilla Mavic Pro then it's definitely the best choice XD

I checked out those filters. Do they vastly improve the picture quality?
Sorry for the late reply but as far as the filters go i cant honestly tell you anything about them yet because i haven't actually used them yet. Ive been concentrated on learning all the features, do's and dont's with my mavic pro first. But im feeling pretty good about it so soon i will start using the filters. Ill keep you posted.

You'll get a paper in the box to order the DJI care. You have 48 hrs once you register it. If in the US, I'd opt for the State Farm insurance over DJI care.

Reactions: JBBRUCE
Oh so I have to pay additional €150 after I buy the drone? No way I'm flying it for the first few times without some insurance :)

I live in Sweden, so there's no such thing as State Farm Insurance.

I have a choice between the following Fly More packs:

MP Alpine at €1100 ($1310)
MP Pro at €1150 ($1370)
MP Platinum at €1500 ($1785)

I see your prices are in euro.. so I presume you are from Europe....

Amazon.es had recently very good price drops for Mavic Pro Platinum... I bought Fly more combo for €1100 + delivery

2s86b0y.jpg

Instal Keepa for amazon, activate price alarm, and wait for a week or two - and set it up to watch all EU amazon shops (.de, .fr, .co.uk, .es). This way you can snatch very good deals - for example, i managed to get DJI Goggles for €325

Good tips, thanks. I already made my order and it should be here today, but it might help others :)

Reactions: Rimtu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas