DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro problems - Horizon tilt at startup and VPS errors

curso88

Reactions
Some time ago, I sent my Mavic for repair to Official DJI SAT in Netherland by gimbal problems.

My original unit, has replaced by a refurbished unit with serial number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, but this unit had a problem, gimbal tilt when startup the Mavic, and some VPS errors.

For this reason I sent the mavic back to DJI and Dji has replaced it again by another different refurbished unit whit serial number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, but this replacement unit presents the same problems as the previous one

Video of my problem:

I found another user with the same problem:

The first unit did not have this problem with the same firmware. Seems a problem that affects all refurbished units for replacements. In my humble opinion,

The affected units has the latest firmware 01.03.0900 from factory. I tried to calibrate IMU, compas, gimbal, reload the firmware, etc, but the problem persists

Random errors:

7bdc52a930ffb560443ff72b18c17c97.jpg

It's f$cked Send back
I can not spend my whole life sending it, this is unfair, in every shipment I lose a month of my time waiting, but I will send it because I know this is not normal. DJI has a serious problem of quality control. The refurbished units is full of glue stains and mismatched parts.

I just got an email from DJI telling me to send it back AGAIN [emoji20]

Last edited:
Ha. I see you are using my YouTube video. That was my second Mavic Pro (replacement #1). I'll update you on what happened so far.

I sent that one back and got another one back (replacement #2) and it has even worse gimbal issues. I'm waiting for return shipping label to send this one back.

Yes. It's not fair that we have to go through this. I've waisted so much time recalibrating/trouble shooting and shipping these defective Mavics. It's very frustrating.

So, that's three Mavic Pros and I have yet to get a good one. Fingers crossed - I hope number four is the one.

Ha. I see you are using my YouTube video. That was my second Mavic Pro (replacement #1). I'll update you on what happened so far.

I sent that one back and got another one back (replacement #2) and it has even worse gimbal issues. I'm waiting for return shipping label to send this one back.

Yes. It's not fair that we have to go through this. I've waisted so much time recalibrating/trouble shooting and shipping these defective Mavics. It's very frustrating.

So, that's three Mavic Pros and I have yet to get a good one. Fingers crossed - I hope number four is the one.

Then this seems to be a serious failure of the DJI factory in the process of reconditioning the units used for replacements under warranty.

I have spoken of this with a well-known friend. He is a popular youtuber and I think we are going to record a video explaining my case. I will not send my Mavic again because it is the third faulty unit. I'm going to destroy my regurbished unit in video because I've been frustrated for months with this problem. Since the purchase everything has been problems and frustration. I'm sure that by destroying it I will have an orgasm

Wow. That will make a statement! Unfortunately, it will cost you a Mavic Pro. I hope DJI gets the message takes care of you and the rest of us.

Good luck to you. Please send me the YouTube link when you publish it.

I'm going to destroy my regurbished unit in video because I've been frustrated for months with this problem. Since the purchase everything has been problems and frustration. I'm sure that by destroying it I will have an orgasm

LOL - I'm sure the revenue from the video will cover most of a new aircraft. :) Just don't include your "O" face. That's just gross. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Hi I purchaded a new one Mavic Pro in the Apple Store. I sold the other unit to a friend, my friend does not attach importance to this problem. I activated the unit with the last version of DJI GO 4 app in the iPhone 7. Same issue... Is a bug?¿ Is a app problem? It's a real mystery

Hi Rodzilla I purchaded a new one Mavic Pro in the Apple Store. I sold the other unit to a friend, my friend does not attach importance to this problem. I activated the unit with the last version of DJI GO 4 app in the iPhone 7. Same issue... Is a bug?¿ Is a app problem? It's a real mystery

Hey Curso88. I don't think it's an app problem because others are using them with the latest app and firmware without issue. I believe they are getting bad gimbals from their suppliers. They are not checking their replacement units if they work or not.

After a couple of attempts, I finally got a return label yesterday and sent back the third Mavic Pro back. I included a letter asking DJI repair service to please send me a new, tested and verified working, Mavic Pro with a new box with matching serial numbers (it should prove that it's a new unit). Also because my original box is pretty beat up from all the back and forth shipping. I don't hold high hopes at this point. But who know, maybe the fourth unit will be a good one. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Hey Curso88. I don't think it's an app problem because others are using them with the latest app and firmware without issue. I believe they are getting bad gimbals from their suppliers. They are not checking their replacement units if they work or not.

After a couple of attempts, I finally got a return label yesterday and sent back the third Mavic Pro back. I included a letter asking DJI repair service to please send me a new, tested and verified working, Mavic Pro with a new box with matching serial numbers (it should prove that it's a new unit). Also because my original box is pretty beat up from all the back and forth shipping. I don't hold high hopes at this point. But who know, maybe the fourth unit will be a good one. I'll keep you posted.

The unit I bought from the Apple Store is brand new and has this problem. it's very strange

My original Mavic did not have this problem. The gimbal worked fine. The problem was a slightly blurry image on the the left side, center and right side were sharp. So that one had a faulty camera. The other two replacements had the gimbal issues.

My original Mavic did not have this problem. The gimbal worked fine. The problem was a slightly blurry image on the the left side, center and right side were sharp. So that one had a faulty camera. The other two replacements had the gimbal issues.

Same as my old Mavic. The two replacements have this problem, and the new purchased in Apple too

Maybe we have been exchanging Mavics with each other. LOL. DJI should be ashamed of themselves for putting out defective products. I hear they are using Apple as their business model. Hence the pretty packaging and better customer service methods. But Apple products are way more reliable. If Apple put delivered so many defective products it would be all over the news.

Maybe we have been exchanging Mavics with each other. LOL. DJI should be ashamed of themselves for putting out defective products. I hear they are using Apple as their business model. Hence the pretty packaging and better customer service methods. But Apple products are way more reliable. If Apple put delivered so many defective products it would be all over the news.

Yeah I'm not sure if there is any company out there that sells as many high dollar units as DJI does and has as terrible of customer service and quality control as they do.

I've exchanged my Mavic two times at Best Buy. On #3 now and think I've finally gotten one that doesn't have as many issues.

Yeah I'm not sure if there is any company out there that sells as many high dollar units as DJI does and has as terrible of customer service and quality control as they do.

I've exchanged my Mavic two times at Best Buy. On #3 now and think I've finally gotten one that doesn't have as many issues.

I'll call Apple tomorrow to request the product's default replacement. Sincerely, in my humble opinion DJI is not aware of the expectations and mentality of the western market.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake