DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro propeller comparison

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Well, I finally did some testing on the 3 Mavic Pro prop sets I have.

The M1P OEM 8330, the MPP OEM 8331, and the MAS Stealth.

I flew the M1P for about 6 months before going to the Mavic Pro Platinum 8331 props for a bit over 3 years (one set), and for the past 18 months or so the new MAS Stealth props are always on the bird ready to go.

The video description on YouTube has the test parameters, Db and motor rev data.
Could only look at the peaks and lows of the revs on my controller and gauge the avg myself, and you probably know they are up and down quite fast when hovering.

Here for posterity . . .

Thanks for the comparison!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
In the flesh is remarkably different, I probably would use the better camera / sound recording on the tripod if doing such a test again.
I used the Osmo Pocket which has fairly limited microphone quality.

It's probably more the lower tone than Db that makes them more pleasing to the ear.

If I do something again, I might do some passes at 10' or so, flying at a certain level / speed.

Will definitely need someone to assist with that, it was so hard keeping everything in frame with the test.
A still day is better too I guess, there was a bit of drifting with the 8330 and MAS, you can see the wind in the trees a little blowy and that would have made those readings slightly higher with it maintaining position.

With the 8330 the drone dropped slightly, had to nudge it up a couple of times quickly at the end of that clip.
The 8331 seemed more stable in alt, but did drift a little lateral.
The MAS dropped marginally too, and in the final parts of the shot I also nudged it up, and you can barely hear the little bursts of power.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake