DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro questions

deagle44

Reactions
hello
I have a bit of a newbie question
I have an option of buying a brand new mavic pro (regular model) with fly more kit for USD700

Question is if it is worth it or should I save my money and try getting Mavic 2 zoom for around $1000 without the fly more kit.

Thanks for your thoughts

Tough choice.
To me, the M2Z video and camera are so close to the M1P, it makes little difference.
The better optical zoom on the M2Z might appeal, but with the fact either flies you can most times just move closer if desired.

The M2Z has ocusync 2.0, slightly better reliability in deep urban locations, but I have always found my M1P to be rock solid anyway on ocusync 1.0.

The M1P is slightly smaller, actually putting the 2 side by side, the M2 drones are quite a bit bigger and bulkier.

The M2 range has had this ongoing battery issue for some, the battery isn't as robustly designed as the M1P.

I think the flymore is a major advantage.
Without it for the M2Z you will be wishing you had it soon after, I'm sure.

Can you find a good deal on the MPP (Platinum) ?
If I was choosing between to original MP and the one of the M2, I'd be wanting to get the Platinum.
The M1P is all but discontinued now.

No unfortunately
Tough choice.
To me, the M2Z video and camera are so close to the M1P, it makes little difference.
The better optical zoom on the M2Z might appeal, but with the fact either flies you can most times just move closer if desired.

The M2Z has ocusync 2.0, slightly better reliability in deep urban locations, but I have always found my M1P to be rock solid anyway on ocusync 1.0.

The M1P is slightly smaller, actually putting the 2 side by side, the M2 drones are quite a bit bigger and bulkier.

The M2 range has had this ongoing battery issue for some, the battery isn't as robustly designed as the M1P.

I think the flymore is a major advantage.
Without it for the M2Z you will be wishing you had it soon after, I'm sure.

Can you find a good deal on the MPP (Platinum) ?
If I was choosing between to original MP and the one of the M2, I'd be wanting to get the Platinum.
The M1P is all but discontinued now.

No unfortunately the deal is only for Mavic Pro not the Platinum edition.
I think with the current discounts on drones I will try to snag a Zoom for $1000 and later on in summer when the weather permits flying I will grab the fly more kit.

Also given the current discounts would you guys consider it disrespectful to try to offer $1000 for the 2 Zoom. Today verizon had a sweet deal on it going for $1000 but i missed the train on this offer. However given that the current economy and people generally holding off on buying toys like this I am just wondering if I am not trying to lowball. I think those discounts will be here to stay.
Appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice
Cheers

No unfortunately

I think with the current discounts on drones I will try to snag a Zoom for $1000 and later on in summer when the weather permits flying I will grab the fly more kit.

Also given the current discounts would you guys consider it disrespectful to try to offer $1000 for the 2 Zoom. Today verizon had a sweet deal on it going for $1000 but i missed the train on this offer. However given that the current economy and people generally holding off on buying toys like this I am just wondering if I am not trying to lowball. I think those discounts will be here to stay.
Cheers

The discounts seem to be more regular on all drones, but particularly those that have been released a while (closer to update models coming I guess).

Look how much closer the M2P price is now to the M2Z sometimes.

Maybe see if @djidroneservice has any deals going ?
Even a refurb Z or 2 flymore ?

No unfortunately

Cheers
Doubt it would work... but it can’t hurt. Give the $1k offer a try and let us know what happens.

hello
I have a bit of a newbie question
I have an option of buying a brand new mavic pro (regular model) with fly more kit for USD700

Question is if it is worth it or should I save my money and try getting Mavic 2 zoom for around $1000 without the fly more kit.

Thanks for your thoughts

I would think it is important to know what you want to do with the drone. If photography/videography is your main purchase, then go with the Mavic Pro 2. If just flying for fun (with actually really good photos and videos), then a Mavic pro at that price is fantastic.
I have a Phantom 4 Reg, Phantom 4 Pro, and a Mavic Pro. I seem to fly my Mavic Pro more than the other two. Love it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60