DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro RC won't connect to Android DJI GO 4.1.18

Vincentak

Reactions
Hi,

I just had some time to play around with the RC. When I plugged it to my Pixel 2 running DJI Go 4.1.18, DJI GO will show black screen even tho the RC is connected to the drone already (RC screen seems to be working normally.) If I plug the RC to my iPhone 6S the DJI app works normally as well! I have updated both the drone and the RC's FW to the latest and doesn't help with the Android problem.

One odd thing I noticed is that when I plug in the Pixel 2 to the RC, the Pixel 2's battery icon will show it's getting charged. I tried uninstall and reinstall the DJI apps a few times with no help...

Also, the drone works fine on the Pixel using wifi mode. Only RC mode is giving me problem.

Possibly try a different cable if you have one available.

I gave up getting it to connect to my Pixel 2 after trying all the suggestions (airplane mode, using USB from bottom on controller w/different cables, setting the USB connection type in android). Just doesn't seem compatible with the latest android release found on that phone (which is why you get the Pixel - latest android release availability!)

It did work with some older android phones I had around but the video performance was poor.

I actually got it working. I restarted the phone and it magically started working. I didn't reset anything at all. It's Pixel 2 running Oreo 8.1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada