DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro rear left arm debated during folding after 48h

Antoinepgt

Reactions
Hello,

I just received my Mavic Pro 2 days ago.

After 3 flights, I folded my arms. And the left rear arm was dislocated.

There are now games and he no longer holds the drone.

I have not forced by folding and followed the normal instructions.

I will contact the DJI Service Center tomorrow morning. I do not have a DJI care but since the drone at 48h I hope they will repair it for defective device.

What do you think ? Have you ever seen that?

Thank you !

Attachments

• 16990832_10211968237940744_695260602_o.jpg
    16990832_10211968237940744_695260602_o.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 17015389_10211968237980745_158256477_o.jpg
    17015389_10211968237980745_158256477_o.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 214
That seems defective to me. Good luck, you should be getting DJI warranty service.
I have had the exact same expirence .. no crash no forcing yet tone of the rear arms is dislocated... at least im not alone i suppose

Did you just get it or did you do it for a while? What did you do ? Did you send him back to SAV? Did they exchange it?

One thing that is a bit confusing and a possible source of problems with the Mavic's fold-out propeller arms is that one pair of the arms simply folds out, while for the other pair the motion is a down-and-around motion. I have had to catch myself several times when I was starting to fold out the propeller arms and found myself starting to apply the wrong force to an arm. Didn't apply too much force before stopping myself because I'm so paranoid about this aspect of preparing the Mavic for flight, but it certainly does seem to be a possible source of confusion and problems. Not saying that this happened in the OP's case, but I'll bet that there have been cases where someone was trying to quickly prepare their Mavic for flight and pushed the propeller arms strongly in the wrong directions.

it looks like a simple fix.....I believe there is a set screw in the shoulder/socket that the arm pivots in. see if it has backed out...if so, slide the arm back into the socket and then tighten the set screw back in place.

The screw has not moved. I heard a "clack" by folding the arm. I think there is a small room that fixes the arm inside the plastic that has broken.

gotcha....I would send it in for repair and hope they cover it under warranty.

gotcha....I would send it in for repair and hope they cover it under warranty.
Mine is back at the shop... i agree with your comment on ppl forcing the arm the wrong way by acident, however i know i didnt i was very gentile with my little mavic, i also had the same click sound it seems you did...also i could tell that resetting any screws would not fix the problem.

Reactions: Yoshizakura
Thank you, Timmyg, let me know as soon as you have news. I also agree on the issue of folding arms, but as TimmygI folded it gently, as for a device that is worth 1 month of salary ...
I have just sent mine back to the Netherlands today. To be continued.

Reactions: Timmyg
I sent mine to maplins uk for refund... they said they cannot determine the faults cause.. they have now sent it off to dji and we are waiting on what they say... they warned me if they say its my fault i will have to pay for ot to be sent back to me... i feel a fight coming on with dji... also my thred on this forum website was deleted, reason given was clearing space... looks like dji dont want people to now the fault..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0