DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Reliability

MavicPro

Reactions
What's the general consensus on reliability of the Mavic Pro with long term use? How many hours do you have with or without issue?

Reactions: thefrisbee995
I trust my Mavic so much that I take it for granted. I was out flying with it on Sunday and want to take some shots about 1.5 miles away. I just take her up 200 feet and push it forward. I don't think that I look down at the RC/iPad on in 9 minutes. I just kept "shooting the breeze" with my buddy.

I have a 200+ hours on different Mavics. I've had more issues with my new car than I have had with Mavics. (But then again I fix Mavics)

Check out this thread:

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?
Have they been "breaking down" within those 200+ hours though or is that 200 hours including those you spend sorting out ones you have obtained broken?

Have they been "breaking down" within those 200+ hours though or is that 200 hours including those you spend sorting out ones you have obtained broken?

My own Mavic had 100+ hours on it before I sold it. As far as repairs, I dont fly a customers Mavic until it's been sorted out. I do a bench test to determine what error messages there are and then address them. Of all the Mavics that Ive repaired that have had between 2 and 100 flights, there havent been any incidents (jinx). All the birds I repair are unfortunately due to operator error.

As far as reliability, the majority of problems people are facing on this forum are due to software or firmware incompatibility issues. Once you are able to get the Mavic in the air, it is rock solid reliable.

Here is another poll I did. 95% of Mavic owners have never had their birds fall from the sky for unknown reasons, and I looked at a few that did, and the reason was due to improper battery latching.

Poll: Has your Mavic fallen from the sky for unknown reasons?

Reactions: Flycaster
My own Mavic had 100+ hours on it before I sold it. As far as repairs, I dont fly a customers Mavic until it's been sorted out. I do a bench test to determine what error messages there are and then address them. Of all the Mavics that Ive repaired that have had between 2 and 100 flights, there havent been any incidents (jinx). All the birds I repair are unfortunately due to operator error.

As far as reliability, the majority of problems people are facing on this forum are due to software or firmware incompatibility issues. Once you are able to get the Mavic in the air, it is rock solid reliable.

Here is another poll I did. 95% of Mavic owners have never had their birds fall from the sky for unknown reasons, and I looked at a few that did, and the reason was due to improper battery latching.

Poll: Has your Mavic fallen from the sky for unknown reasons?
This battery latching issue seems to be coming up a lot on these forums. Making the paranoia kick in every flight now lol

Mines 4 months old with 38hrs flying time and over 295kms on the clock. No issues yet. (Always fly with my fingers crossed).

Reactions: fiftiesnut
7 full months and no problems (only the djGo app sometime crashes, but this is another story). About 14th hours on the sky and 138km range. Bye.

My Mavic had been pretty rock solid at around 40+ hrs of flight time...its been crashed (gently) once. The only things that aren't reliable, every once in a while my gimbal will go crazy mid flight and freak me out...has happened less than 10 times...

Reactions: SilverFox01
About as reliable as you can get in a Consumer level multicopter. Do your pre flight checks, always look over your craft, verify a home point is set each flight, allow a 10-15 second hover at launch and observe the craft before venturing out, Know the location you fly, be aware of any power lines in the area, have a proper rth altitude set, fly on freshly charged batteries, if you find yourself in a bind... press pause on the controller until you get yourself sorted out...

About as reliable as you can get in a Consumer level multicopter. Do your pre flight checks, always look over your craft, verify a home point is set each flight, allow a 10-15 second hover at launch and observe the craft before venturing out, Know the location you fly, be aware of any power lines in the area, have a proper rth altitude set, fly on freshly charged batteries, if you find yourself in a bind... press pause on the controller until you get yourself sorted out...
Of course i do that each time but when a hardware problem appear during a fly and the mavic suddenly fall like a rock you can do nothing unfortunatly

Of course i do that each time but when a hardware problem appear during a fly and the mavic suddenly fall like a rock you can do nothing unfortunatly
2200 miles flown on 5 different Mavic's. No such issues. They don't fall out of the sky unless you fail to fully seat battery or have an incident with an object.

Very true... Just like living a healthy lifestyle and then dying... Nothing can be done, runs long enough then one dies... This is one of those hard truths unfortunately

so what was the hardware problem, can you elaborate a little more please.

Just so you know, there are two different threads running on this subject.

Last edited:
Mine has been pretty reliable, I never fear flying it any distance. I've learned to trust it. I've had mine since February.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7