DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Remote controller - no display

kranto

Reactions
Hi,

Hoping someone here can help me with a problem with my Mavic Pro remote controller.

Earlier today I started updating to the latest firmware (.200) on my Mavic Pro and remote controller.
Just before finishing the update, an error message popped up saying update failed.
Tried to finish the update once more, but it just stopped and displayed the error message again.
After this the remote has no symbols, numbers, letters etc on the display.
The display lights up as if it was working normally but nothing is displayed.
I tried flying with it and the controls worked fine.
When the controller is on, the power button flashes.

I don't know if it is essential, but the weather was quite cold at the time of the update.
About -1/-2 degrees celcius.

I read about something similar on here, but was hoping someone else had encountered the same thing and might have a solution.

Here's what I've tried:
1. Resetting to factory settings on both controller and drone.
2. Downgrading to FW .100
3. Upgrading and successfully installing FW .200

Thanks!

Strange, 2 of my buddies are having a similar issue. Both have Mavic pro's using Crystal Sky ultra bright monitors and all they get is a whitish screen. Controller says connecting on one but both cannot get a GPS signal. They were flying at an active airport a few days ago (with tower permission) at an RC club meet then today flying at a abandon Naval base where we normally fly. They moved several miles to another spot we frequent and still no go.

They didn't see any prompts indicating a update was required and neither of them were connected to the internet.

I plan on trying mine out in a few minutes.

Strange, 2 of my buddies are having a similar issue. Both have Mavic pro's using Crystal Sky ultra bright monitors and all they get is a whitish screen. Controller says connecting on one but both cannot get a GPS signal. They were flying at an active airport a few days ago (with tower permission) at an RC club meet then today flying at a abandon Naval base where we normally fly. They moved several miles to another spot we frequent and still no go.

They didn't see any prompts indicating a update was required and neither of them were connected to the internet.

I plan on trying mine out in a few minutes.

A white screen on the CrystalSky? Not similar to OPs issue with a blank RC display, really?

@OP, in that case, can you downgrade RC with Assistant and then upgrade with your mobile device? Anything to shake it up (plus, hopefully force a fresh version of the firmware).

Not similar to OPs issue with a blank RC display, really?

Sorry but I wasn't there with them. They both could tell the monitors were on but blank just as the OP stated. Probably a failure on their part but just strange it happened to both at the same time. My equipment operated fine at the same location a few hours later.

A white screen on the CrystalSky? Not similar to OPs issue with a blank RC display, really?

@OP, in that case, can you downgrade RC with Assistant and then upgrade with your mobile device? Anything to shake it up (plus, hopefully force a fresh version of the firmware).

I’ll give it a go.
Flew it again today and same problem. Controls are fine but no display.

Another thing that popped up today though was a message about magnetic interference by the sticks/rc. Never had that message before, maybe there is a link?
A friend of mine flew another Mavic and didn’t have any error messages. Even standing in the exact same spot.

Very strange..

I’ll give it a go.
Flew it again today and same problem. Controls are fine but no display.

Another thing that popped up today though was a message about magnetic interference by the sticks/rc. Never had that message before, maybe there is a link?
A friend of mine flew another Mavic and didn’t have any error messages. Even standing in the exact same spot.

Very strange..

i think i just experienced the same problem as yours, same cause, failed update and RC display lights up as if it was working normally but nothing is displayed.

have you found any solution? thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143