DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Return to Home

Flake7811

Reactions
So I have a Mavic Pro and one time I managed to get it to precision land as it said precision landing on the screen. However now I have no idea how to do it at all. Any help would be appreciated:)

Auto take off - don’t do any stick movement till the drone takes a picture of the ground and knows where to come back to - when the drone stops rising it has recorded the spot to come back to

Reactions: mereflyer
when you press the take off icon on the screen does it have a small tick box above the slide to take off strip on the screen, if it does just touch it and a tick will appear in the box then you will be in precision RTH, you dont get the box on the mavic 2s just go up 20ft and let it hover for a few moments before you fly out

Reactions: brett8883
Since we're all using the same Go app, perhaps by now DJI removed having to select PL checkbox on M1?

Latest user manual for an M1 might shed some light.
i have a MPP and the tick box is still there, all the latest updates etc, have always used it in case i needed to do a RTH for any reason ,must say that the PL is really accurate

Reactions: Dragonfly
I am pretty sure you can just take off manually, have to go up minimum 10m (~30'), or a little more to be sure, then you get the message.
Of course you don't take off until you get GPS green flight bar and home point recorded.
Yes you need to have the precision landing turned on in advance settings.

Reactions: old man mavic
I am pretty sure you can just take off manually, have to go up minimum 10m (~30'), or a little more to be sure, then you get the message.
Of course you don't take off until you get GPS green flight bar and home point recorded.
Yes you need to have the precision landing turned on in advance settings.
the PL tick box has always been there since i have had my MPP i do not do manual take offs, when the Mavic 2 came out it did not have the tick box, you just as you say have to go up and hover before moving off, on the MPP it goes up to 20ft and then locks in its location, and of course you need to have the green ready to fly ,and the home point has been updated please check it on the map message, before attempting to take off

Last edited:
I can only speak for the old Mavic Pro and latest GO4 version. What I've found, is that when checking the little PL landing box before an auto takeoff, is that landing accuracy all depends on how the AC rises above the takeoff spot. The slightest wind gusts will upset a precise RTH because the AC will not rise absolutely vertically. I live in a coastal ie. windy part of the world, so this is a consideration.

I'd also like to add that when enabled in the Litchi app, precision landings are way more accurate, even though the AC rises to only 1.2 meters or so in order to photograph it's home spot. In GO4 the AC rises to about 10 meters or so in order to photograph it's home spot, and any wind at all just seems to kill any real establishment of a precision home spot for landing. +1 to Litchi on precision landing.

Maybe AC GPS positioning is also just better in Litchi than in GO4?
IMHO the GO4 CrystalSky app needs a serious update.

Just my 2c worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
Yes but even for original MP, I'm pretty sure PL was introduced later, after release of MP.

Quite likely, only have mine a couple of years.

It's a good feature (along with RTH), mostly I'm manual take of and land, but often notice PL activate where I take off straight up through a tree canopy etc.

i have over 300 flights on my MPP in just over a year,and the precision RTH has been there from the get go, when you touch the screen to do a auto take off, the reason i do that way is because it is so good ,and i know it is going to come back on the mat in a RTH situation the m2 did not have the feature when it was first released but it was added in an update and even if you do a auto take off, you have to go up and hover yourself unlike the MPP which does it for you if you touch the tick box before you swipe the take off slider

You don't have to hover with an M2 though it is a good idea. You only have to go straight up about 10 feet or so.

MPP was released 2017 so it sounds like it was out a year before you got yours.
MPP was an enhancement to flight efficiency to MP, so when it comes to features and such, I would see the two synonymous. I did see a YT video dated April 2017 so it was available at least that far back. If that's the month MPP was introduced, then indeed it had PL available on its release. MP was released 2016 so PL might not have existed yet on its release.

You don't have to hover with an M2 though it is a good idea. You only have to go straight up about 10 feet or so.

MPP was released 2017 so it sounds like it was out a year before you got yours.
MPP was an enhancement to flight efficiency to MP, so when it comes to features and such, I would see the two synonymous. I did see a YT video dated April 2017 so it was available at least that far back. If that's the month MPP was introduced, then indeed it had PL available on its release. MP was released 2016 so PL might not have existed yet on its release.
you are probably correct, i have not seen the screen display for a MP, so maybe it does not have that tick box feature that is on the MPP

Right, so for the M1 series, the tick box existed from now to as far back when PL was introduced.
It was made automatic (assuming appropriate takeoff procedures) when finally implemented on M2.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie