DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro saved by crane

bikeboy74

Reactions
I backed my MP into a treetop about 88 feet off the ground while getting in position for a picture. I could see with binoculars that it was in good condition....just really stuck up there. After pondering what to do for four days, and with a rainstorm coming, I finally called my neighborhood crane operator. We struck a reasonable deal which was less than half the cost of replacing the drone. The crew recovered it the same day. The damage was limited to my wallet and the blades -which I've replaced and made two flights since . It appears to be OK.

Yea I guess in one way it’s like using a sledgehammer to drive in a tack. But as my dad always said, “At least the tack is in!”

Mike

Reactions: bikeboy74
I backed my MP into a treetop about 88 feet off the ground while getting in position for a picture. I could see with binoculars that it was in good condition....just really stuck up there. After pondering what to do for four days, and with a rainstorm coming, I finally called my neighborhood crane operator. We struck a reasonable deal which was less than half the cost of replacing the drone. The crew recovered it the same day. The damage was limited to my wallet and the blades -which I've replaced and made two flights since . It appears to be OK.

Good choice. If you had let it sit in the rain, it could have cost you alot more. Looks like the tree was too high to try other methods such as fishing pole or bow and arrow which possibly could have broken your Mavic anyway.

Reactions: bikeboy74
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest