DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro seems to be bricked

jay1200

Reactions
Hey guys,

Out of the blue the aircraft seems unresponsive to anything i try. The AC and RC have both been updated and multiple flights have taken place since the update. Yesterday i flew the AC for a few min and then landed and shut it down and folded it up. about an hr later i went to fly it again and the RC wouldn't connect to the AC. in the past i had to reconnect the RC to the AC but it was no big problem. This time it would not connect no matter what i did. Changed battery, tried to bind using the DJI GO 4 app and also by pressing C1, C2 video and shutter buttons. Each time it would go through the motions of connecting but timed out. I tried a different cable, tried the usb port on bottom of remote. Nothing worked. I then tried to connect the AC to the computer using the DJI Assist 2 app ( which i have never done before) and it was not recognizing anything. I also made sure i was not in WIFI mode. Not sure what else to do besides send the RC and AC to DJI. it is fairly new drone only a few months old. NO crashes no abuse or misuse. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen or if there is a way to reset the AC to factory defaults in attempt to fix the issue. I rather not send to DJI if i don't have to. I have the repair warranty and don't want them to consider one of the 2 crash warranties for this issue. furthermore i have a skin on the drone and rather they not ruin it. I am also curious if they will give me a refurbished model as a replacement. the drone is only a few months old and i don't want a refurbished model but rather have a new drone since mine is only a few months old and only 5 charges on 3 batteries. I also notice now which i don't think happened before, when i press the battery off in the drone there is one light that blinks for about 5 seconds before shutting off. Furthermore i noticed the bottom of the drone getting a bit hot, i didn't hear any fans going on so i wonder what could have happened within an hr of the drone sitting in a case and in a bad without any drops, falls or problems between shutting it down and restarting it an hr later. Any comments or recommedations are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Jay

Hi, Did you ever manage to fix the problem? My mavic has the EXACT SAME Problems as your right now.
Romeo, I sent my Mavic Pro to DJI since it was still under warranty and had DJI care as well. They ended up replacing the entire drone and remote. I assume the mother board was fried but i dont have an exact diagnosis other than it being diagnosed as replacement needed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242