DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic pro into a tree now my gimbal is messed up

Jamescgrave

Reactions
Hi

I took my mavic out of the box today, I was flying for 11 minutes then it crashed into a huge tree, the gimble is completly messed up. My main issue now is I bought refresh care with it but it would not let me bind this due to (screen shot attached) I bought them at the same time and same store, is this going to affect my repair ? It's Sunday so I am snookered trying to get support. Any suggestions please ?

Attachments

• 20180107_164520.jpg
    20180107_164520.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 20180107_164505.jpg
    20180107_164505.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 20180107_164511.jpg
    20180107_164511.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 284
  • Screenshot_20180107-161747.png
    Screenshot_20180107-161747.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 287
Were you flying in sport mode? Were you trying to test the sensors buy flying into a tree?

Were you flying in sport mode? Were you trying to test the sensors buy flying into a tree?

I was in sport mode yes. No I wasn't trying to test it but I expected it to stop pal my phone froze and I couldn't see it.

I was in sport mode yes. No I wasn't trying to test it but I expected it to stop pal my phone froze and I couldn't see it.

The sensors are turned off during sport mode. Plus, sport mode has an increased braking distance. You normally have to let go of the controls a couple of metres before where you intend to stop.

The sensors are turned off during sport mode. Plus, sport mode has an increased braking distance. You normally have to let go of the controls a couple of metres before where you intend to stop.

Tbh I'm not sure if I was in sport mode I just know I turned the beginner mode off. Any idea about my refresh issue ? Also have you any idea of the cost of repair? It seems the gimble is snapped but camera looks okay, it's not showing an image tho as I think a cable has snapped, funny enough I had the protective cover on and that doesn't have a scratch on it

The forward & downward sensors are disabled in sport mode which means the aircraft will not be able to automatically avoid obstacles on its route.

Ummm, this could be interesting. Crash Mavic then try to activate refresh?
Athough you only have 48 hours to do so even after purchase.
Good luck with that.
Following..

S
Good luck with that.
Following..

So I'm pretty much in the same situation as my gimble (screwed). Is it costly to repair them ?

Good luck with that.
Following..
Ditto...this ought to be intersting

When you are back up and flying, open an account with Airdata UAV, it is free and you can analyse your flight in detail, it will tell you if and when you switched to sport, and if your sensors detect anything.
Even in normal mode with sensors activated they can miss small twigs, cables etc, I do not rely on these sensors, but if they save me, it is a bonus.
Very interested to see if DJI will honour a claim for an unactivated refresh. At least you have proof of purchase, and a screen shot of your attempt to activate.
Good luck and keep us posted.

I do not rely on these sensors, but if they save me, it is a bonus.

100% this.

I think people expect too much. The Mavic is a pretty advanced flying machine, but crashes are the pilot's fault about 99% of the time. The question shouldn't be why didn't my Mavic save itself, but instead how did I allow myself to crash it.

Ok when you were trying to add the care refresh did you try changing country on DJI.com site? By default the store is set to US.
Try changing region to Ireland and see if that works.

On you screenshot click the 3 horizontal lines on top left corner and scroll to bottom and choose change country.

It's important you get it added before 48hr period is up.

Ok when you were trying to add the care refresh did you try changing country on DJI.com site? By default the store is set to US.
Try changing region to Ireland and see if that works.

It's important you get it added before 48hr period is up.
I searched dji Ireland, it doesn't give me an option to change region? My main concern is they won't cover my crash as it wasn't registered before hand. I will look again

I searched dji Ireland, it doesn't give me an option to change region? My main concern is they won't cover my crash as it wasn't registered before hand. I will look again
Ireland is definitely there.

I may be wrong but how will they know when you crashed. They don't analyze flight logs unless it is a warranty claim.

Worth a shot and you have receipt showing you purchased at same time as aircraft.

I edited my first post perhaps after you read it, it has instructions on changing the country of DJI store.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929