DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro services and/or repair

Norman Pyett

Reactions
Had anyone used a reliable drone repair/service company that you go back to and use again? What kind of price would I be looking at to replace gimbal head and overall testing of mavic pro. Anything in the state of Florida? I would like to have a ball park figure prior to just sending the drone then being held hostage at the price they command
It's my understanding that DJI no longer services the Mavic Pro or Air.

@DDS is a forum supporter / vendor and gets a good wrap from members here in general.
A very rare exception pops up now and then, but as they say, “you can’t please everyone, all the time”.
And certainly the customer isn’t right all the time either.
If I was US based I’d certainly have no hesitation to use them if needed.
They’d be good on the M1P I’m sure, and probably have some good stock of spares, new and 2nd hand if required.

Reactions: BigAl07 and DDS
I had an issue with my Mavic Pro Platinum and used Drone Zone in Flemington NJ. They are great. Small family owned company and do great work and do some great things for the drone hobby.

They had my drone back up and flying in a few days.

Drone Nerds gets my vote. They are located in Florida and are great people. I have personally used them and couldn’t be happier. They are the largest DJI authorized repair center in the US. Even living in Michigan, I would pay the extra shipping to send either of my drones to them.

Does anyone know how the above recommended services compare to sending directly to DJI? I messed up the gimbal on my Mavic Pro.

DJI will send a free shipping label so they can assess the damage but I can't find any info on whether or not they still charge an inspection fee if I decide not to get it repaired.

Does anyone know how the above recommended services compare to sending directly to DJI? I messed up the gimbal on my Mavic Pro.

DJI will send a free shipping label so they can assess the damage but I can't find any info on whether or not they still charge an inspection fee if I decide not to get it repaired.

I can't compare because I've only used @DDS but I can tell you this much.... they've done GREAT work for me and at what I would call a FAIR price. I've had them replace a camera/gimbal, repair a camera barrel unit, totally rebuilt a DESTROYED P4, replace another camera/gimbal and some other repairs and I wouldn't send mine anywhere else. I've used them on 2 different aircraft in the last month and both times FAST turn around and FAIR pricing. I didn't say CHEAP because I'm not looking for cheap work/parts.

As @MAvic_South_Oz mentioned, they have had some issues here and there but after reading them most of the time it's a miscommunication issue rather than a genuine issue with service/parts etc. At least with @DDS they send you a FREE shipping label, do a FREE evaluation, and even if you opt out of having them repair it they ship it back to you FREE!!!

I can't compare because I've only used @DDS but I can tell you this much.... they've done GREAT work for me and at what I would call a FAIR price. I've had them replace a camera/gimbal, repair a camera barrel unit, totally rebuilt a DESTROYED P4, replace another camera/gimbal and some other repairs and I wouldn't send mine anywhere else. I've used them on 2 different aircraft in the last month and both times FAST turn around and FAIR pricing. I didn't say CHEAP because I'm not looking for cheap work/parts.

As @MAvic_South_Oz mentioned, they have had some issues here and there but after reading them most of the time it's a miscommunication issue rather than a genuine issue with service/parts etc. At least with @DDS they send you a FREE shipping label, do a FREE evaluation, and even if you opt out of having them repair it they ship it back to you FREE!!!
Sounds great. I just spoke with them on the phone. I'm going to send it to them. Thanks.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu