DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Silicone Cover

My only concern is how well it fits around the front sensors? To me, it looks like it may interfere with them. Let us know how it goes. ~8$ Is worth a try.

I might be a little concerned about high winds removing it in the air. The lip on the front seems substantial to hold the cover on from a head wind, but the sides don't seem to have a significant lip going down the sides of the Mavic. Hard to tell from the photos. If a side wind (or a tail wind) can get underneath the cover, I wonder if it could take the cover off. And if it does go flying off, my next concern is if it has potential to get sucked into the props.... Any, something to think about. On the plus side, if this cover adds some waterproofing measure to the drone, that could be nice.

Update: The cover looks nice but doesn’t secure properly in back. It could interfere with rear props. Also vision sensors saw it as an obstacle and stopped forward motion.
Another bit in the unusable goodies bag!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Interesting and good of you to give that feedback. I once fitted a Gimbal protector that promptly interfered with the downward sensors, so that had to go in the 'useless stuff' drawer.
I wondered about the value of that cover for 'unexpected precipitation' as you put it, as the motors would be the units I'd most worry about if there was a splash of rain - and this cover, comes nowhere near them of course ...

My question is why? Are you worried about scratching it? It certainly won't do anything if you crash it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu