DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro stability problem

adrian.szladerba

Reactions
Hi guys !

I think my mavic is not hovering well. Looks like shaking ;/ and has some problems with stability control.

Recently I replaced gimbal ribbon cable and since that day ( i think but not sure ) mavic has that problems.

I've done IMU calibration few times, factory reset, downgrade and upgrade of firmware.

Here is video how it looks.
Anyone any idea ?

Does it act the same while hovering over a different surface? The Mavic uses GPS and downward facing cameras to hold its position and the cameras need a well-defined target to position itself. Are the downward facing sensors clean? Are they turned on? Are you using OEM props and are they undamaged?

I don't think the ribbon cable will have anything to do with positioning.

Yes it look same above concrete as well. All sensors and cameras clean. Props OEM and brilliant condition. Here is video how it looks above concrete.

What did you have to take apart to replace the cable? Perhaps you bumped something inside? Why did you need to replace the cable? From a crash?

It wasnt crash. I broke cable when i tried fit gimbal support over night. To replace this cable i have to remove gimbal

I believe @Thunderdrones posted somewhere else how to test the gimbal to make sure it works before you put everything together. If it were me I'd take it apart again to see if anything is amiss such as a pinched cable, etc.

Have you done a vision system calibration? Below a certain height, the Mavic primarily uses the downward vision system for maintaining position - if these are not calibrated correctly, it can cause the issue you're seeing.

Hi guys !

I think my mavic is not hovering well. Looks like shaking ;/ and has some problems with stability control.

Recently I replaced gimbal ribbon cable and since that day ( i think but not sure ) mavic has that problems.

I've done IMU calibration few times, factory reset, downgrade and upgrade of firmware.

Here is video how it looks.
Anyone any idea ?

Ummmm sounds like it's windy where u flyin at... Of course it's gonna bounce around in the wind... o_O

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580