DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro to Mavic 3 sadness

daddyvader

Reactions
Had a mavic pro. It recorded to my phone that was connected to my controller with audio from were I was.

Mavic 3 can't recorded anywhere but to its self or SD. Not back to my phone with audio.

For the love of pete...please tell me that I am wrong. Please tell me to make quick drone videos with sound dosnt take recording auto then using software to put on the video.
Please tell me I didn't waste $2200.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

You’re in the right place to get your answers

It wouldn't make sense to record audio from the drone as they sound would be that of the drone, not from ground activities. Even it it were so transmit the audio to the controller and your phone what good would that audio be for your video.
Other than that I'm not clear what you really want to do and the source of your expected audio.

With the Mavic pro it was amazing. Fliming my sons rugby games. You could hear everything but the drone. The audio is being recorded where you are.

Same with get togethers and just fliming a mountain. You hear the wind, the river that your over. The waves.

I guess I don't understand why people are ok with drone videos that have no sound. You just add some music to it.....your missing the other part of what is going on around you. Sound!

It wouldn't make sense to record audio from the drone as they sound would be that of the drone, not from ground activities. Even it it were so transmit the audio to the controller and your phone what good would that audio be for your video.
Other than that I'm not clear what you really want to do and the source of your expected audio.

With the Mavic pro it was amazing. Fliming my sons rugby games. You could hear everything but the drone. The audio is being recorded where you are.

Same with get togethers and just fliming a mountain. You hear the wind, the river that your over. The waves.

I guess I don't understand why people are ok with drone videos that have no sound. You just add some music to it.....your missing the other part of what is going on around you. Sound!
Why not just record audio with an external recorder and sync the tracks?

I just dont understand why DJI would change this. It would download directly to your phone with audio as your filming. It wasn't 4k but you could always get the 4k version off the SD card later. But this gave you an amazing video with sound you could show 1 min after you got done with your flight. Cast to your tv, and people could believe the quality. It was very close to 4k.
How sad this is. Now you have 20 extra steps and have to show people the drone video with sound some other day because you have to merge a sound file that was merged for you.

Reactions: tiparoch
Right, but this is all post flight after you combine all this together with a computer and software.
Never had to do this. Your video was on your phone with sound as soon as you turned off your drone.
Did no one have a mavic pro? I still have videos that I can cast to a 86" TV with sound and people are amazed at the quality. That is not even the 4k version without sound.

In the past wasn't it an option in the DJI Go 4 app which allowed recording sound from the phone mike to the video cache file? You would then have to sync the video cache with the drone high res video and add the sound to the drone video.
It seems like that option is a feature lost with the new Fly app.
Is that correct for the past feature now lacking?

Reactions: Mavic 57
Right, but this is all post flight after you combine all this together with a computer and software.
Never had to do this. Your video was on your phone with sound as soon as you turned off your drone.
Eh, of all the features missing from the new apps and new drones, I think this one is pretty minor. It’s replicable with either software or hardware, and it’s a pretty niche use case.

If you’re just adding an audio track, you could do that with an app like Lumafusion right from your phone.

I appreciate the comments. The while point is that I don't have to wait to get home, download the files, combine them have software or any of that.

I could show my videos and post them to YouTube or wherever in 1 min with sound.
Now we don't have any flexibility to do that.
Looking up more info and it seems I am not the only one upset about the new fly app not allowing this.

I can't imagine that there are not times you would love to fly and throw it up for people to hear and see right then.

That is probably 80% of the for me. When I am flying it's when people want to see and hear. Not 2 days later.

If anyone knows away to do this at the time of flying I would pay a good price for that.

Meanwhile I have think about returning my drone.

You could always trade it in for the new Mini 3 Pro which offers this option on iOS in the Fly app as a setting. It asked me for permission to access the iPhone microphone during recordings for this very purpose. Live audio from the pilot's iPhone microphone is recorded into the drone video.

Had a mavic pro. It recorded to my phone that was connected to my controller
Are you sure about that?
Or did it just record reduced quality and resolution cache video files to the phone.
You'd still have to get the real video flies from the SD card.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Correct, it was a reduced quantity. However the reduced quantity was a very high quality. Again could cast to 86 in tv and it looks amazing. If I wanted the 4k I would get it off the SD.

I am over 250 videos sure. I bet I have 40 Videos of the 4k from the SD. All the rest through that method.

Mavic pro using a Samsung Galaxy S9 and S10.

I am shocked how many people don't know this existed and worked amazing.

And no it was not the cache video file.

Reactions: ericole and Droniac
Can someone with a Mavic pro chime in here please
Yeah l totally hear you and can really understand your profound frustration, especially after shelling out so much. l disagree with a previous caller about it being a 'niche use case'. For those that want to throw up a quick video...Fer Sure!!! Yeah I know that are lots of ways to do this and that...but to simply put up a vid... Yeah. For the record I dont use this sound with my stuff -- I just use the sd video. BUT ...why take it away? I happened to notice that the MP3 RC records sound... Kind of a nice surprise... so as someone else mentioned maybe trade your M3 in for a MiniPro 3.... It is fab. I have a MP2 and a Mini P3 ..great combo.

I'm sure Mavic Air 2, Mini 1, Mini 2, Air 2S don't record audio either. The Mini 3 IOS thing I can't comment on. But if you were playing video back with audio NOT from the SD Card, that's what cached video is. The cached video may have been acceptable for your use case, absolutely. But as mentioned people buy Mavic 3 for stunning video quality. It would be good to have audio capture, and RC Pro could potentially sync it when you download the video from the SD Card, but I doubt DJI would do it unless there was a lot or requests for that. There are toy drones on Amazon that do this. Mavic 3 is for prosumer, semi-pro and professional video editing.

Actually an easier way would be to allow removal of screen telemetry during screen recordings. There you go, full audio on a reduced quality video. Fimi has this on the X8SE Models. You swipe up and just have full screen video , no telemetry. You also have a Fimi, not a DJI, LOL.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143