DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro troubleshooting

drf24

Reactions
Picked up a Mavic that went into a river when the driver of the car lost control and slid off road. So the quad hasn't suffered and crashes that I can see, it has been submerged though. Everything was submerged, batteries controller, charger, and the Mavic. I think I got a really good deal on all of it so I am trying to get it back to flying.
When I received it nothing would come on, the charger wasn't even putting out voltage. The controller would try to charge but the display would flicker and if I tried to turn it on it would begin, only to go blank.
As of today I have removed all of the boards in the controller and cleaned them with an acid brush and contact cleaner and coated the contacts with "Detox" spray. Controller will now charge as it is supposed to and will turn on only if the cable is attached to the charger or computer.
Last night I bought a battery and charged it, and was able to turn on the quad. With the controller plugged into the charger I was able to connect the controller to the Mavic, but sometimes I would get a stick error, after connecting to the quad a couple of time I was able to get it to connect and allow me to arm the motors.
Right now I am trying to figure out the gimbal. There is no movement at all when the quad is powered up. I am not sure if it is the board or the gimbal at the moment.
I will also have to buy a controller/transmitter, I don't think mine is going to fully recover. Haven't given up on it yet but I have one more thing to try, I am going to try to re-flow the solder on the board by using an circuit board infrared preheater and surface mount heat gun.
Any ideas on things to try on the gimbal are appreciated, trying to keep the cost as low as possible.
Thanks in advance
Dean

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya