DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - User Selectable ATTI Mode?

majaribio

Reactions
I hope somebody can help.

I'm reading several different (old) reports.

I am aware the Mavic Pro has an ATTI mode and when it was launched there was no way for the user to select this mode. This mode was automatically activated if the GPS signal was lost.

Are you able (due to recent firmware updates) able to manually select ATTI mode?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Is this a limitation of the Go App, so could I use a third party app to bypass this restriction or is the restriction on the quad?

Right now it's a restriction on the quad - Even Sport mode still uses GPS for position keeping. I agree that for most users it's better to have GPS always-on, however, it's another thing that I'd like to see a toggle (with warning / liability release) for.

Right now it's a restriction on the quad - Even Sport mode still uses GPS for position keeping. I agree that for most users it's better to have GPS always-on, however, it's another thing that I'd like to see a toggle (with warning / liability release) for.

Thanks for your comments - I would imagine this is set by DJI to force you to another quad, but I agree a user selection override would be great.

I would prefer the option. As with the Phantom it would be nice to be able to practice flying without the aid of GPS which could be lost at any time. Operator error should be the reason for mishaps.

I really miss ATTI mode toggle. With my Phantoms, I'd take it straight up in the air about 200 feet of so, switch it into ATTI mode and then I can watch it drift.

From that, I know which way the wind is blowing and ALWAYS fly into the wind so I have a nice tailwind coming back. One of my very early Mavic flights I flew downwind not realizing it and had a really hard time coming back.

I mostly prefer flying in atti, much smoother without all that GPS braking going on. I'd very much welcome have Atti mode selectable.

Reactions: FlyPro-UK
I wonder if there would be a simple way to block the GPS signal, in order to reduce problems when flying indoors.

Nope. And actually that's probably a good thing because otherwise these forums would be populated by a lot of "Oh, no! I crashed my Mavic because I forgot and left it in ATTI mode!" posts.
That's an easy problem to solve, though. DJI can simply make it so that when you power on the controller/aircraft, it will always start in P mode. I believe this is already the case with the hardware Sport mode switch. I've never tried it myself, but I think I remember reading that even if you have it in the Sport position, the Mavic will revert to P mode when you start it up.

Interesting topic because atti mode used to get me in trouble on my phantoms...i do notice from time to time when flying around metal structures that I will get a warning message telling me to switch to atti mode due to compass error....this tells me it is embedded somewhere to switch manually

IIRC you can put ATTI mode assigned to a switch, but it requires parameter changes using the 'special' methods outside the standard software.

once_upon_a_time_in_the_west__opening__left_right_eyes.gif

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54