DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Versatile Tablet Mount

Rabbitpro

Reactions
I just wanted to share my ideas and a new tablet mount design that I came up with.
You can mount the tablet above the controller antennas or below the controller joysticks. It is constructed of plexiglass and metal parts, very solid, robust, lightweight and very compact due to the fully compact modules.
ce536bbf46bf3a72573ff6af5c6e4155.jpg

70f5e9773963dfc44a336ebc7d9a2ceb.jpg
66676dab0b5fbd5933dbd88433f2001c.jpg
7b6e3f04560c38fe301fa3efb912959d.jpg
36889fe3681b65a30a497e7177e3e6de.jpg
6cc792aa2b9c5f18765f897ba8c631b9.jpg
2912a743defff8aeb5d429e670d0b841.jpg

fb8475cdf87880c0b853e03738f067da.jpg
cd1f00d663985d26865e804c9007e62c.jpg
d9d0ed6ae1be0e1a2e25601385f05ff7.jpg

Reactions: thewho6
I just made a quick video showing it, actually not that quick, but I hope it is very informative.

Reactions: thewho6
Quick question for those that have the screen above/behind the controller. There seems to be metal of the mount between the antennas and the metal case of the tablet above the antennas. Would this cause limiting of the signal? Especially when most will be flying above themselves placing the tablet in direct line between the antennas and the Mavic?

Gentleman, I have no plans so far on selling this mount, since I could not find anything like this in the market, I decided to do it myself, I spent a lot of time and money designing and searching for the right parts and components, even the right size of screws, nuts, ball head, materials, laser cutting, to cut the story short...I think people would not like to pay the premium for it...I spent the money because I love designing cool things, sturdy, robust and that no one has :), so basically I designed it for myself, maybe producing in a considerable volume it could bring the cost down, even though it would still be quite more expensive than the plastic Chinese versions out there...to be honest I think I spent something between £120 to £140 bucks, what is quite considerable amount of money for some people.
Well, we never know, if unimaginably lots of people find it cool, I could perhaps considering building a few more.

Reactions: BigMotor
Quick question for those that have the screen above/behind the controller. There seems to be metal of the mount between the antennas and the metal case of the tablet above the antennas. Would this cause limiting of the signal? Especially when most will be flying above themselves placing the tablet in direct line between the antennas and the Mavic?
Hi SeaComms,

I have been using my design for a couple of flights by now, and so far I have not experienced any problems so far, I use my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet, Android 6.0, without any disconnection or interference issues.
I have not flew more than 2 miles (large green fields) because I can only see a tiny dot in the sky, but I think what could limit the range is the DJI software / UK geofencing or something like that.
If you have similar tablet holder, let me know what are your experiences.

Best regards

Cheers, thanks for that. Was more curiosity than anything. I am currently using a holder that places the iPad below the controller screen as I was concerned about the effects of the metallic case on the iPad being above the antennas. But sounds like my fears are unfounded.

Wow! Very unique design. Very professional presentation as well. Something tells me that you had better get yourself geared up for some big business. Special people for special designs, that means that they will pay.

After watching this presentation one should know that this is not an elcheapo item. You put your brilliance to work. Great job sir..be awaiting your decision for mass production of this item...good luck

Reactions: Rabbitpro
Hi SeaComms,

I have been using my design for a couple of flights by now, and so far I have not experienced any problems so far, I use my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet, Android 6.0, without any disconnection or interference issues.
I have not flew more than 2 miles (large green fields) because I can only see a tiny dot in the sky, but I think what could limit the range is the DJI software / UK geofencing or something like that.
If you have similar tablet holder, let me know what are your experiences.

Best regards
A bit off topic but 6.0 hummmmm, no problems ha...that's great news. In some of the forums it was said not to use 6.0 on your Shield k1 because of various problems that might occur. So everytime the update appears on my Shield I just ignore it and that's each time I turn it on, very annoying too. Your input please.....Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Rabbitpro
A bit off topic but 6.0 hummmmm, no problems ha...that's great news. In some of the forums it was said not to use 6.0 on your Shield k1 because of various problems that might occur. So everytime the update appears on my Shield I just ignore it and that's each time I turn it on, very annoying too. Your input please.....Thanks in advance.
Hi BigMotor,

I use my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet just to fly, I disabled everything else that is not essential and switched off the wifi, I live the location services on and on the DJI GO 4 app, I have downloaded the UK offline map...so in this way, I am totally offline and have no problems....no notifications of updating my Android System.
I also use my S7 Edge, which a lot of people complain about in this forum, but I have no problems with it whatsoever...I think a lot of people do not have problems at all, it just because they do not bother to say that everything is alright or because they do not even know this forum exists. One thing is true, whoever has a problem it will try to seek help in forums like this one, therefore we see lots of complaints about the S7 Edge or even the Nvidia Shield K1 ( my suggestion for this later one, do not update to Android 7.0, I have read lots of people complaining about having issues, which they did not have before).

All the luck to you
Regards

Hi BigMotor,

I use my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet just to fly, I disabled everything else that is not essential and switched off the wifi, I live the location services on and on the DJI GO 4 app, I have downloaded the UK offline map...so in this way, I am totally offline and have no problems....no notifications of updating my Android System.
I also use my S7 Edge, which a lot of people complain about in this forum, but I have no problems with it whatsoever...I think a lot of people do not have problems at all, it just because they do not bother to say that everything is alright or because they do not even know this forum exists. One thing is true, whoever has a problem it will try to seek help in forums like this one, therefore we see lots of complaints about the S7 Edge or even the Nvidia Shield K1 ( my suggestion for this later one, do not update to Android 7.0, I have read lots of people complaining about having issues, which they did not have before).

All the luck to you
Regards

Thanks for your input, I'm on 6.0 now without any issues but. ...getting a popup now about the 7.0.1....gotta find a solution to stop that nag now lolol.

Blessings to you. ...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242