DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro video transmission problem

MP4tw

Reactions
Hi all,
I'm a newbie to Mavic Pro and drones in general. I bought myself recently a new DJI Mavic Pro and I have big problems with video/signal transmission from the Mavic Pro to my smartphone during the flight. Here is a video of how I see the video from the drone on the display of my smartphone during the flight:
It's all blurred and with big latency.
The original video as stored on the drone's SD card was OK so I can exclude any problems with the camera or the drone itself. It must be either a problem with the transmission of the signal setup, or the smartphone, or the DJI GO4 app.
The smartphone that I have is Lenovo PB2-650M, 4 cores 1.3GHz, 3GB RAM, with Android 6.0, 6.4-inch display and 720 x 1280 pixel resolution.
Regarding the HD setup in the DJi GO4 app, it didn't really matter whether I had the Regular Mode or the Smooth Mode set in the Image Transmission Mode, the video quality on my smartphone screen was still not good. The image transmission code rate was shown fairly high, around 16Mbps in smooth mode and 8Mbps in regular mode. This should be quite sufficient for a smooth video signal transmission.
Could you please help me with this, I'm a bit running out of options and without a good signal transmission to my smartphone the drone is barely usable.
Thanks!

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to Mavic Pro and drones in general. I bought myself recently a new DJI Mavic Pro and I have big problems with video/signal transmission from the Mavic Pro to my smartphone during the flight. Here is a video of how I see the video from the drone on the display of my smartphone during the flight:
It's all blurred and with big latency.
The original video as stored on the drone's SD card was OK so I can exclude any problems with the camera or the drone itself. It must be either a problem with the transmission of the signal setup, or the smartphone, or the DJI GO4 app.
The smartphone that I have is Lenovo PB2-650M, 4 cores 1.3GHz, 3GB RAM, with Android 6.0, 6.4-inch display and 720 x 1280 pixel resolution.
Regarding the HD setup in the DJi GO4 app, it didn't really matter whether I had the Regular Mode or the Smooth Mode set in the Image Transmission Mode, the video quality on my smartphone screen was still not good. The image transmission code rate was shown fairly high, around 16Mbps in smooth mode and 8Mbps in regular mode. This should be quite sufficient for a smooth video signal transmission.
Could you please help me with this, I'm a bit running out of options and without a good signal transmission to my smartphone the drone is barely usable.
Thanks!
Howdy from Wyoming MP4tw, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Try putting the phone in airplane mode and turning on usb debugging mode, make sure you close all the other applications (I use a program called greenify) and erase duplicate files before you fly. Good luck.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Guarantee its your smartphone. Try out another device and report back with better specs

"The smartphone that I have is Lenovo PB2-650M"...Didn't know Lenovo made a smartphone, if so I would be truly surprised if it was a supported device.

"The smartphone that I have is Lenovo PB2-650M"...Didn't know Lenovo made a smartphone, if so I would be truly surprised if it was a supported device.

Is there a list of Mavic Pro supported smartphones? Because as far as I know there is a restriction on the Android OS version from the DJI GO 4 application, but otherwise I don't recall any other restrictions. And the DJI GO 4 app on my smartphone installed just fine. I have Android 6.0.

Guarantee its your smartphone. Try out another device and report back with better specs

Ok, well, it could be my smartphone, but what exactly is wrong with my smartphone? I have a couple of older smartphones with older Android versions, but here the problem is that the GO4 app will not install properly, so right now I have only this one. Furthermore, the DJI GO 4 app installed just fine on the Lenovo smartphone and I have Android 6 on it, which should be sufficient. I'm a bit hesitant to buy another smartphone. If Mavic has a list of supported smartphone brands I'm not aware of such list. Can you point me to it?

Reactions: Mashuugana
Howdy from Wyoming MP4tw, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Try putting the phone in airplane mode and turning on usb debugging mode, make sure you close all the other applications (I use a program called greenify) and erase duplicate files before you fly. Good luck.

Hi, I can try that out. I'll send the results. Btw. do Mavic developers/DJI GO 4 app developers participate in this forum or is it solely a community forum?

Hi, I can try that out. I'll send the results. Btw. do Mavic developers/DJI GO 4 app developers participate in this forum or is it solely a community forum?
To the best of my knowledge it is a community forum.

Hi guys, a quick update on this issue. My DJI GO 4 app updated yesterday evening to version 4.1.18 and I don't see this problem anymore. I just tried it out and the transmission works perfect now. And it's a funny coincidence, because I've been struggling with this issue for a couple of weeks until now and until I registered to this forum :). Thanks for the suggestions on this issue and thanks to the GO4 app team for the update!

Bunny Too, I took my MPP out today to work on some of the intelligent flight modes; point of interest and active track. When I purchased my MPP the first week of Feb this year from Drone World, I had the Maxx Mod installed on the controller, getting all three different antennas. But when I was out today, trying the modes and receiving video, my Galaxy Nexus 7 (2013) had awful video. It was in airplane mode. After coming home and reading this thread and seeing your post above, I turned on USB debugging mode. I will see if that helps. But my question, what good does Greenify do? I downloaded it but I can't tell what, if anything, it is doing.

Thanks!
Tom

Bunny Too, I took my MPP out today to work on some of the intelligent flight modes; point of interest and active track. When I purchased my MPP the first week of Feb this year from Drone World, I had the Maxx Mod installed on the controller, getting all three different antennas. But when I was out today, trying the modes and receiving video, my Galaxy Nexus 7 (2013) had awful video. It was in airplane mode. After coming home and reading this thread and seeing your post above, I turned on USB debugging mode. I will see if that helps. But my question, what good does Greenify do? I downloaded it but I can't tell what, if anything, it is doing.

Thanks!
Tom
Greenify, closes or hibernates all the power and processing hungry background apps.

Greenify, closes or hibernates all the power and processing hungry background apps.

I downloaded Greenify but it did not do anything that I could tell. But when I went to open the DJI GO4 app, it would not open. Since the only thing that I had changed was installing Greenify, I uninstalled Greenify, rebooted my Nexus 7 2013, and the DJI app opened right up.

Reactions: Bunny Too
I downloaded Greenify but it did not do anything that I could tell. But when I went to open the DJI GO4 app, it would not open. Since the only thing that I had changed was installing Greenify, I uninstalled Greenify, rebooted my Nexus 7 2013, and the DJI app opened right up.
If I recall there was a setting in greenify to allow DJI GO4 to run, you may not need Greenify, with my Nvida Shield it did help. As long as you get your system running, that is the important thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots