DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro violent Shake throttle forward

Ryran

Reactions
Hi guys, new to the forum. I just bought this Mavic pro used and im having some issues with it right off the bat. Now I am in contact with the seller and am probably going to return it, but wanted to se if there was an easy fix for my issue. If I have gimble looking straight forward (in P or S mode) at a hover, then stick forward, i get a violent shake. The only time it goes away is if the camera is pointed down about 20%The stabilizer/vibration board has been replaced, The props are brand new, and I have done a gimblel and IMU recalibration. Nothing has helped. Any ideas from the pros in here? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Without any history on the aircraft, though to call.
Any info available from the previous owner about a crash?
You think they would be honest enough to say?

Without any history on the aircraft, though to call.
Any info available from the previous owner about a crash?
You think they would be honest enough to say?

He seems like a trustworthy guy.He is adamant there have been no crashes. I just cannot wrap y head around why its doing that. Ive watched endless videos on mavic performance and the Gimble seems like it shakes the same as everyone else's.

Hi guys, new to the forum. I just bought this Mavic pro used and im having some issues with it right off the bat. Now I am in contact with the seller and am probably going to return it, but wanted to se if there was an easy fix for my issue. If I have gimble looking straight forward (in P or S mode) at a hover, then stick forward, i get a violent shake. The only time it goes away is if the camera is pointed down about 20%The stabilizer/vibration board has been replaced, The props are brand new, and I have done a gimblel and IMU recalibration. Nothing has helped. Any ideas from the pros in here? Thank you in advance!

Assuming the gimbal travel limit tab is not the issue, I’d suspect a weak gimbal motor cable, the cable’s connection to the up/ down motor, or a defective motor. Also check all the gimbal rubber mounts.

Anybody else have some ideas?

Assuming the gimbal travel limit tab is not the issue, I’d suspect a weak gimbal motor cable, the cable’s connection to the up/ down motor, or a defective motor. Also check all the gimbal rubber mounts.

Anybody else have some ideas?
is there any way I can test that Gimble motor? other than another calibration?

The few that I have don’t and never have done that.
Im trying to remember if I have seen somewhere a similar issue.
Have you done a search for this issue?

The few that I have don’t and never have done that.
Im trying to remember if I have seen somewhere a similar issue.
Have you done a search for this issue?
Yes I've been looking for a while now. I can't find anyone with the same issue, let alone a fix.

is there any way I can test that Gimble motor? other than another calibration?
Not a straightforward thing to do. If your going to go that far, you may as well just change the ribbon. The ribbon has some severe folds in it, and I’ve had some that display weakness under stress.

Check out the gimbal hook, the gimbal plate should be under the hook
Also see if any of the rubber bands holding the gimbal in place are not torn, stretched, loose or disconnected

If they have been displaced then the camera has taken a knock

Unless you got a super deal I would just send it back.
If the seller did not mention the issue then it is your right.
I've done that more than once. It was actually a relief then I could stop fretting about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hiflyer201
Yes I've been looking for a while now. I can't find anyone with the same issue, let alone a fix.
I am new here, so do take this with a small grain of salt, but I do seem to remember hearing about this on YouTube somewhere. As my memory can be lousy at times, I cannot remember just where at the moment. If I do find it, I will share it, especially as I just saw this happen in my MP1 last night for the very first time. I might note that I had been flying for about 1.5h and swapped through my batteries so as to keep flying. I am wondering in my case that there could have been an issue with the 3rd battery despite it not showing a firmware issue, a possible combination of flight conditions, or a communication issue. The previous owner is just as adamant about health and maintenance, and I have reviewed some of it with them. I hope you find out what is happening in your case, and do look around YT for it. Hope my sharing here helps! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007