Join Us Now

mavic pro vs mavic air

F35pilot

Reactions
hey I want to buy a new drone.
my 2 option -
mavic air
mavic pro
now , I ask you guy's what do you think , after a lot of checking this is the big different for me:
mavic air :
1. small
mavic pro :
1. better range single
2.better flight time
the price is the same for me.
now the question - what better ? small one , esey to take for a trip ? or biger , take more place but more option to flight and less worries about the batteries.
need your experience.
thank you!

Maybe I see more pros and cons on both drones. I made this decision about two months ago - I started with Spark as it's cheap and end with Mavic Pro because of all the pros. Phantom 4 Pro is better but not as transportable as Mavics and Spark.
Mavic Air in my Pros/Cons:
+ newer drone, but is it "+" anyway?
+ rear obstacle sensors
- transmitter w/o display
- no low noise propellers yet
+ smaller, lighter
- less stable in the wind than Pro (at least as I saw)
+ 8GB internal memory
- drone does not switch between int. memory and SD card automatically

my 2 option -
mavic air
mavic pro
now , I ask you guy's what do you think , after a lot of checking this is the big different for me:
mavic air :
1. small
mavic pro :
1. better range single
2.better flight time
now the question - what better ? small one , esey to take for a trip ? or biger , take more place but more option to flight and less worries about the batteries.
need your experience.
thank you!

Go to the comparison chart on the DJI website, and by the time you have have gone through all the specs, you will know which is best for you.

Consumer Drones Comparison- DJI

my 2 option -
mavic air
mavic pro
mavic air :
1. small
mavic pro :
1. better range single
2.better flight time
need your experience.
thank you!
I may be biased a bit as I have a mavic pro, but I would choose the mavic pro if the size difference isn't a big deal for you. Many people say that you don't need all the extra range of the pro, but what they don't consider is that in some places I get a weak signal in a little as half a mile. While it's true that most people won't fly 4 miles out, most will fly at least half a mile. Not only will it go further, but you will have better signal strength in areas with more interference with the pro.

I feel you pain as I just went through this and only made up my mind last night. Firstly, if price point is a factor, some place still have the Mavic Pro Alpine White combo in stock, solid price with 3 batteries.

I’ll copy and paste my main justification for going with the MP from my thread on this and link it as well if you’d like to read through it.

Well, got to admit a lot of it was centered around the price point, because it was the MA that originally caught my eye, if it wasn’t for the combo on sale I would have likely went with the MA with one extra battery. So then while I looked into it further, the flight time became a solid point for me as well, and as nice as the rear sensors and couple new quick shots are, just didn’t see me really needed em. The MA’s extra bit rate would be nice, but then the occusyncs more stable connection with extra RC data beat out the enhanced wifi for me, a lot of my use will be back country, thick country, so it’s a nice piece of mind. Both seem to handle wind very much the same, though I have read a bit that the MP is rock solid and the MA is a touch less, true or not? I obviously have no idea, but it’s windy more often then not here so the bigger platform seemed more appealing for that as well. I pointed out a couple things a post above and about how it seemed a decent size for portability as well so I don’t mind that. So flight time, price point on the combo, and range/ connection stability would be the main points, in that order.

Air vs Pro need info to decide!

Hope this helps!

Reactions: F35pilot
I also know the strees of making this decision. I was anxious for a newer version of the MP. I ultimately chose to not wait. I bought the Mavic Pro two weeks ago. Yes its older technology; however it has been more than proven. The price of th MP with the special sale package made it impossible to resist. I cannot tell you how happy i am with this drone. I do not find it to be loud, although i did want the MPP. The price difference between the two didnt justify the newer motors and props. I do not think you will be disappointed with either, but Ocusync and Dlog sold me.

Unfortunately I think the sale is over at Bestbuy.

I also know the strees of making this decision. I was anxious for a newer version of the MP. I ultimately chose to not wait. I bought the Mavic Pro two weeks ago. Yes its older technology; however it has been more than proven. The price of th MP with the special sale package made it impossible to resist. I cannot tell you how happy i am with this drone. I do not find it to be loud, although i did want the MPP. The price difference between the two didnt justify the newer motors and props. I do not think you will be disappointed with either, but Ocusync and Dlog sold me.

Did you get the Alpine white combo? It is also sold out on DJI’s store, but I managed to find a couple sites with some stock left but going fast.

I don’t even have mine yet and I’m tempted to order a set of the MPP props

Did you get the Alpine white combo? It is also sold out on DJI’s store, but I managed to find a couple sites with some stock left but going fast.

I don’t even have mine yet and I’m tempted to order a set of the MPP props
No. I bought the basic Mavic MP. Bestbuy had it on sale for $899.99 with two batteries, 3 pack of filters, and $100.00 gift card.

Reactions: DTC709
No. I bought the basic Mavic MP. Bestbuy had it on sale for $899.99 with two batteries, 3 pack of filters, and $100.00 gift card.

You can purchase a 3rd battery with the gift card and have gotten the equivalent of the Fly More Combo for $900.

On DJI that Combo would cost $1299 as of 2018 0429@2053PST.

Reactions: ToddR
You can purchase a 3rd battery with the gift card and have gotten the equivalent of the Fly More Combo for $900.

On DJI that Combo would cost $1299 as of 2018 0429@2053PST.

Exactly.. what i did... i must admit i chipped in on a hard case..

Btw.. i see BB has the MP for $799.99 on line only.. $1099.99 for the MP combo.

I saw on dji site the deal of mavic pro alpine combo on 1000 dollar.

I choose to wait for MP2. MA has some quick flight and gesture control features which MP doesn't have. However, I'm concerned that MA's range and signal reception will be a problem especially for long flights. So I've been waiting patiently for the MP2, which I think will be very powerful and bears all the great specs and features.

my 2 option -
mavic air
mavic pr
mavic air :
1. small
mavic pro :
1. better range single
2.better flight time
need your experience.
thank you!

Hi, just recently bought the mavic pro, I haven't gotten it out yet do to some medical problems I have. I happened upon a site called Wish,com. They have a clone of both the mavic air and pro for about $100.00 each. I just ordered each of them to try before I accidently crash my $1000 mavic pro. I'm going to practice with both of these first and then move on to my good Mavic Pro. Check it out, it might be something to look into.

my 2 option -
mavic air
mavic pro
mavic air :
1. small
mavic pro :
1. better range single
2.better flight time
need your experience.
thank you!
Pro I’m sure but I would wait for next gen.

my 2 option -
mavic air
mavic pro
mavic air :
1. small
mavic pro :
1. better range single
2.better flight time
need your experience.
thank you!
The Mavic Pro and associated equipment go into a really small bag.

Reactions: DTC709
The Mavic Pro and associated equipment go into a really small bag.

Yeah, I went to my local Best Buy to get a hands on look, no doubt the Air is smaller, but can’t see portability of the MP being much of a issue. That cheap generic case is only 4ish inches thick and the size of a piece of printer paper.

Solid information was a bit to scarce for me to wait for the Gen 2, plus once I gets it in my head, I can’t wait long.

my 2 option -
mavic air
mavic pro
mavic air :
1. small
mavic pro :
1. better range single
2.better flight time
need your experience.
thank you!
I RT really deoends
my 2 option -
mavic air
mavic pro
mavic air :
1. small
mavic pro :
1. better range single
2.better flight time
need your experience.
thank you!
it really depends, the Mavic pro is an excellent drone, great flyer, great remote with additional information on the screen and best flight time. The only downside is the exposed gimbal that could be damaged quite easily. I now have the Air. Portability is unrivaled, gimbal and camera are protected and because I want a flying camera more than an aircraft, it is the best for me.

I am new to the hobby (been flying for 2 months). I got my first drone, the mavic air, in the beginning of march. It is a nice machine. It handles well, and it has neat features. I put over 16 hrs on it, but was constantly watching mavic pro videos. I was intrigued by the pros longer flight time, and occusync which everybody says is amazing. I can confirm, at least in my case, that the airs wifi transmission is VERY susceptible to interference. Almost every time i used it, i would get interference warnings, minor video glitches etc. I lost full signal once, and rth initiated. It works better if you get away from neighborhoods/city etc. A relative of mine wanted a drone, so he bought mine. I then immediately bought a pro. I have only used it 1.5 hours, but so far I am happy with it. I like its slightly larger size, longer flights, and so far, i havn't had even the slightest glitch with the signal, even in heavily residential areas. It is also very portable, just like the air. It also has a much better controller, with built in telemetry. I would recommend the pro.

Reactions: ToddR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest