DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro VS Mavic Pro PLATINUM

bdwt

Reactions
What is the difference between Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum? How can you tell which is which? Thanks

Per the DJI FAQ, here are the differences:
  • The Mavic Pro Platinum has an extended flight time of 30 minutes and an increased hover time of 27 minutes.
  • It also has 4dB (60% noise power) aircraft noise reduction.
  • The aircraft comes in a sleek platinum finish.
You can tell the difference by the color and the "Platinum" label on the arm.

What is the difference between Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum? How can you tell which is which? Thanks

OP are you looking to buy one or just figure out the differences? The MPP is quieter, but other than that, it flies the same and has about the same flight time. Batteries are cheaper for the Mavic Pro, and so is the drone itself.

Reactions: mereflyer
Batteries are cheaper for the Mavic Pro
FWIW, the only difference between Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum batteries is the color. If the color doesn't matter, one can save money by using Mavic Pro batteries in the Mavic Pro Platinum (if they are cheaper).

FWIW, the only difference between Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum batteries is the color. If the color doesn't matter, one can save money by using Mavic Pro batteries in the Mavic Pro Platinum (if they are cheaper).

Yes but who wants to fly a beautiful MPP with an MP battery on it? I have spray paint if anyone wants to use it lol

MPP comes in a Horrible metallic silver/Platinum? i guess, color that looks crap and makes
getting batteries a pita.
Also you cant mod it without, uno modding it

One of the biggest differences is that the MPP is still being sold new by DJI while the MP is not.

Are you suggesting the Pro has been discontinued?
Do you have evidence to support?
IF so..Faerrk. Thank gosh for Refurbs

Are you suggesting the Pro has been discontinued?
Do you have evidence to support?
IF so..Faerrk. Thank gosh for Refurbs
From the DJI Store; note that while many accessories are available for the Mavic Pro, the drone itself is not for sale as new. The MPP is however.

Wow, maybe i should stock up for the the Drone Prohibition

• Haha
Reactions: zzxrox

The MPP comes with upgraded props(though they are available for about $20 per set of 4) and it does have upgraded motors though it doesn’t make that much of a noticeable difference in flight time the noise is reduced somewhat

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Not to split hairs, but
is it the ESC or the motors that (props aside) gives you more time?

the ESCs are the main reason for the increase in flight time props more for sound they use a different waveform which uses less battery power and a smoother response from the motors

MPP comes in a Horrible metallic silver/Platinum? i guess, color that looks crap and makes
getting batteries a pita.
Also you cant mod it without, uno modding it
Hey, I like the color. BTW, the most time I've gotten, in perfect conditions, 50 degrees, no wind, etc., is 23 minutes, and that was with all the beeps and warning messages about imminent death trying to break my concentration.

• Haha
Reactions: CJH92474
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme