DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro vs mini 2

Have a Mavic pro do you guys think it’s a downgrade or an upgrade to the MM2? Thanks
Tough comparison as they are so different. I have several DJI and Autel drones and I think my older Mavic Pro is the best for pure flying. Mini 2 a close second. I seem to fly the Mini 2 more because it is so quiet in the air. Having both is a nice option. Then sell the one you like the least if necessary. The Air 2 is also nice. I won’t buy the Air 2s due to issues with the Smart Controller.

Reactions: kidroc
A plain jane Mavic Pro, I would say the MM2 is definitely an upgrade in every way. Now if you hack your Mavic Pro, I would say it's a toss up. There's nothing like having a DJI drone that has no limitations in terms of geofencing and altitude. You can also increase the power output of the remote /drone to increase the signal. You can increase the speed to be just as fast as the Mavic 2 series. Camera quality wise the MM2 beats it easily, but having a DJI drone with how it works and flys with no limits is fantastic!

Reactions: kidroc and L o k i
I'm late to the party but having just added a Mavic Pro to the fleet, I'll chime in. I think it's similar to asking which is better, the large hammer or the small. It comes down to if you're driving a spike into the ground or if you're hanging a small picture on the wall. The Mini 2 is my "take along" drone with long flight time, 10km distance and as DJI puts it, "simplified recording & editing" built in. It's so small and quiet, I usually get away with flying without drawing any attention to myself which I prefer. The pro on the other hand is more cumbersome out in the field with less flight time and range, but it brings the DJI GO 4 app to the table with an extended array of intelligent flight modes and camera settings such as D-Log and D-Cinelike among many other camera options. If you're into post editing and color grading, I think you can work out better footage in the end with the pro if you're willing to put in the time. The Mini 2 puts out great results fast, but you're limited with what you can do with it in post. The other advantage to me with the Pro is it's compatibility with Litchi. The flight plans are uploaded to the drone resulting in smooth flights if you're into that sort of thing. As mentioned, it can also be opened up by third party tools to remove the no fly zones making it more like owning an Autel. If a pilot is limited to just one of these two, the answer lies in what type of pilot you are. The Mini 2 is the king of "grab and go" drones. The Pro is getting older, but I still think it shines with that GO 4 app for those who want to immerse themselves in post editing and/or leverage all those flight modes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada