DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro vs. Phantom 4 (and everything else)

cdronefly

Reactions
I did this video to help folks understand the capabilities and target markets for each.

Does the Refresh policy cover damage caused by operator error.. for example, flying sideways into a brick wall?
The wording on their site is slightly ambiguous on this point when you read the extract below

A product warranty is a guarantee of repair service provided by a manufacturer if any product defects are found. DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.

That appears to rule out operator error, although under their Scenarios for using Care Refresh, they list operator error!

My assumption is that Refresh covers operator error or combo errors. Most errors are not black and white anyway - some of each. So, yes, I assume that Refresh covers most everything except total loss (flyaway, non-retrieval).

We will see more over time - it may be that they refuse one sitting at the bottom of the pond for a week. But I do assume they cover the normal crash type of scenario.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom