DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro w/new low noise props = Silence is golden!

TxMavPro2017

Reactions
Evening everyone,

I had ordered a set of the new DJI low noise propellers from Advexure and received them in the mail today. I read where they would be compatible with my Mavic Pro and wanted to give them a try. This is by no means a 'scientific' evaluation nor did I place a sound meter to the drone to obtain any decibel readings.

What I can say, however, is that - without question - the propellers are definitely quieter. I would venture to even say that they are much quieter. I ordered the sets with the gold tips and they match the Mavic Pro markings perfectly. I think they make the bird look even more awesome!

My wife and I went outside - her looking through her iPad - while I began testing out the new propellers. I had initially kept the original propellers on to do a short test flight. Then I switched them out and put the new low noise propellers on. What a difference. After firing up the drone, I was hard pressed to tell if it was even on the noise level was so low; almost non existent. The flight was also noticeably quieter as it didn't have to gain much height before it was relatively silent to the ear.

The new propellers not only look good but seem to perform and live up to the billing of being just that - low(er) noise. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with the new propellers. I think they're pretty awesome. And a big shout out to Advexure. Great company, great people, superb customer service!!!!

Tried mine today, much quieter to me. It seems like the battery lasts a little longer as well.

Just had my Mavic Pro out for the initial flight today and after watching reviews on Youtube last week I had already decided to order them even before my first flight.
From the tests I have seen with sound meters the new props are 10% quieter than stock and may add 1-2 minutes of flight time depending on conditions and flying style. The new edition of the Mavic also has the updated ESCs that do a better job of managing prop speeds and will give you a possible additional 3-4 minutes of flight time.

Definitely quieter and the sound seems to be a bit lower in pitch. Not quite so much 2 cycle leaf blower and more 4 cycle.

After flying with the factory props, I'm actually quite happy with the factory props and the 'noise' subsides quickly after about 30 feet distance. I'll test and use the new 'quieter' props but compared to my Yuneec Q500 and Inspire 1 the Mavic is already very quiet.

Evening everyone,

I had ordered a set of the new DJI low noise propellers from Advexure and received them in the mail today. I read where they would be compatible with my Mavic Pro and wanted to give them a try. This is by no means a 'scientific' evaluation nor did I place a sound meter to the drone to obtain any decibel readings.

What I can say, however, is that - without question - the propellers are definitely quieter. I would venture to even say that they are much quieter. I ordered the sets with the gold tips and they match the Mavic Pro markings perfectly. I think they make the bird look even more awesome!

My wife and I went outside - her looking through her iPad - while I began testing out the new propellers. I had initially kept the original propellers on to do a short test flight. Then I switched them out and put the new low noise propellers on. What a difference. After firing up the drone, I was hard pressed to tell if it was even on the noise level was so low; almost non existent. The flight was also noticeably quieter as it didn't have to gain much height before it was relatively silent to the ear.

The new propellers not only look good but seem to perform and live up to the billing of being just that - low(er) noise. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with the new propellers. I think they're pretty awesome. And a big shout out to Advexure. Great company, great people, superb customer service!!!!
Did you do the firmware update for the new props? Im still on .700 and kind of want to keep it that way. I just got my new props in and wondering of anyone is using the new props with the.700 firmware?

Did you do the firmware update for the new props? Im still on .700 and kind of want to keep it that way. I just got my new props in and wondering of anyone is using the new props with the.700 firmware?
No problem whatsoever. I am also on .700. Tested even in very strong wind, no problem at all. Just don't use it if you use external batteries.

Really?
Are you trying to sneak up on someone?
Why the need for quieter props, especially if they are more expensive that stock ones...
Sheesh...

Really?
Why the need for quieter props, especially if they are more expensive that stock ones...
Sheesh...

1. They look cooler
2. They aren't significantly more expensive
3. They are quieter
- this doesn't mean you have to sneak up on people, but if you ever want to get a shot where you are relatively close to people (safe distance of course) you don't want them looking at the camera

I think the reduced noise is one of those things that doesn't really matter, but for the price of the props and the aesthetic gain why not drop a few bucks and buy the props?

Reactions: Chirp
Really?
Sheesh...

It's just nice to be less intrusive, whether wildlife or people ... Well worth the minimal cost.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
just flying in regular places the sound irritates people.
You shouldn’t be flying around people. Fly away from people that’s what I do, Countryside. It’s irritating to hear over and over. Low noise propellers are just as irritating.

Really?
Sheesh...

the whole point of a drone is to spy on people...why wouldn't you want it quieter?

the whole point of a drone is to spy on people...why wouldn't you want it quieter?
It isn’t quiet enough to sneak up and spy. That’s towards to grounds of being a pervert. Where I live there’s a person flying at the break of dawn over homes and lowering his drone down to window level. Police called but didn’t do anything. Haven’t heard anything about his flying around town anymore I’m sure he was spying.

My reason for quite drone,

Dropbox - buck_hyperlapse_2x_std.mp4

The 2x speed of the video playback is deceiving giving appearance I'm flying down then up then down couple times. Use of zoom causing that but in the end its zeroed out. I very very slowly drop from around 150' to just 27' over his head before he moves off.

Stock MP, yea I'll order platinum props. Tried out the props from my sons and it is a notable difference. Change in "pitch" more so then drop in actual sound level.

Note the down wash of the blades moving the crops around.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC