DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Weak Signal

Minnesota Mavic

Reactions
Concerned my Mavic pro is getting weak signal warnings at only 1400 feet. Have latest firmware and flying in what I would call a moderate density suburb. Have re installed the latest firmware from June 2017- recalibrated the IMU and compass. Any feedback/recommendations for improvement? Just ordered new RC lightning cable to try. Thanks

Concerned my Mavic pro is getting weak signal warnings at only 1400 feet. Have latest firmware and flying in what I would call a moderate density suburb. Have re installed the latest firmware from June 2017- recalibrated the IMU and compass. Any feedback/recommendations for improvement? Just ordered new RC lightning cable to try. Thanks
Everything from trees to buildings, all sorts of things can effect signal, I don't nearly get as good signal now at my regular flying spot as I did in the winter because the leafs in the trees now.

Welcome to the forum MM .
What distance where you getting before you upgraded the firmware
and what was it .700 ?
It might help changing RC cables but I don't see how . Maybe it's how your aiming your antennas .
If you don't have true LOS like Kestrel just said that will affect it .
If your flying over trees and whatever 1400' should not be no problem
but through them I'm surprised you get that much .
Maybe a little more info might help us help you .

Hello,

Sorry but i just speak french (or litlle english)

I has the same problem like you :
Weak signal, adjust your antenna and avoid system" between 600 meters and 1000 meters.
I have found how to resolve the problem if your are interested : this is my answer in france.

PROBLEME RESOLU!

Bonsoir a tous, le probleme du weak signal a enfin été résolu!

Par chance, j'ai un ami qui possede le memedrone (mavic pro), nous l'avons teste au meme endroit, effectivement sur le mien apparaissait"weak signal, adjust your antenna and avoid system" (aux alentours des 600 metres) et jamais sur le sien (meme au dela de 4000metres)

Par consequent, nous avons decidé d'echanger nos telcommande pour tester si le probleme persiter sur mon drone : resultat plus de soucis!!

Le probleme venant donc la telecommande, j'en ai decidé d'avoir voir le probleme d'un peu plus près. Et c'est en ouvrant la telecommande que je suis tombé dessus : le cable reliee a l'antenne gauche de ma radiocommande n'etait pas correctement clipsé (je dis bien "pas correctement" car ce genre de clip ne se defait pas tout seul meme avec d'enormes chocs).

Du coup, apres reclipsage et remise en configuration de ma radiocommande :

PLUS AUCUN probleme avec maradiocommande et mon mavic (4000 metres sans probleme et sans forcer )

Enfin!

Pour ceux qui veulent en savoir plus, j'ai pris des photos ou voici mon adresse mail perso :

[email protected]

Salut et a bientot

Google translation;

PROBLEM SOLVED! Good evening everyone, the problem of the weak signal has finally been solved! Luckily, I have a friend who owns the memedrone (mavic pro), we tested it at the same place, actually on mine appeared "weak signal, adjust your antenna and avoid system" (about 600 meters) and never on his (even beyond 4000metres) Therefore, we decided to exchange our telcommande to test if the problem persist on my drone: result more worries! The problem coming from the remote control, I decided to see the problem a little closer. And it is opening the remote control that I fell on: the cable connected to the left antenna of my radio was not properly clipped (I say "not correctly" because this kind of clip did not go away alone even with huge shocks). So, after reclipsing and re-configuration my radio control: NO MORE problem with maradiocommande and my mavic (4000 meters without problems and without forcing) Finally! For those who want to know more, I took pictures or here is my personal email address: [email protected] Hi and see you soon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98