DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro will not shoot in 4K

jacobjohnson82

Reactions
Hey guys, every time I try to record in 4K with my mavic pro it just automatically reverts the footage to 720P. I try to reset my camera settings and when I click on 4K I get this message: Image transmission format under this resolution will be switched to 720P. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Check your "image transmission settings" in DJI Go 4, HD and Smooth mode will not allow the MP to record in 4k. The MP's processing is not powerful enough to transmit 1080p video back to the RC as well as record 4k video on the SD card.
Choose "normal mode" in image transmission settings to enable 4k recording.

1614271347521.png

Don’t try to transmit 4K images. Use the 4K video from the sd card, and use the 720 feed just to fly the drone.

Reactions: Thomas B
You need to make sure that the settings for recording the movie is set correctly. The transmission settings have nothing to do with what format is recorded to the SD.

Inside the camera settings for video there will be a choice for video image size, what video codec to use, how contrast is handled, ISO, and the overall exposure bias. All those are user choices depending on what you are trying to do. All these settings control how the SD card video file is created.

There are soma additional settings like sharpening etc that you can mess with, but I prefer to make those adjustments in post processing, as the NLE controls for these operations are much more powerful. The one’s mentioned in the first paragraph all get baked into the recorded video and cannot be effectively changed later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas