DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro won't connect to iPhone SE

navi_pro

Reactions
Just recently purchased a Mavic Pro and I'm trying to use it with my iPhone SE to no avail. I have owned several phantom 2's and currently have a Phantom 3 pro as well. I'm definitely not new to this. My iPhone SE works with the Phantom 3 pro and the DJI GO app perfectly.

--- All of the firmware on my new Mavic Pro is up to date.
--- iPhone SE is running the most up to date OS
--- I've tried both the stock cable and an official Apple Cable
--- I've downloaded and re-installed the DJI Go4 app Multiple times.
--- My new Mavic Pro connects to an Ipad
--- I was able to get the entire system up to date and fly with the iPad - no issues.

The iPad doesn't belong to me and I really don't want to have to buy a new phone or tablet.
I've tried just about everything I can think of and I've read through these forums but I just can not get it to connect to my iPhone SE.

Does anyone have any experience with the iPhone SE and the Mavic Pro? Any other possible solutions for this issue that I may have missed?

Thank you in advance.

Via DJI Site:

Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.

I don't think the SE us usable, your going to need to use something more powerful

Not on the approved device list

Wow. Pretty unbelievable that they wouldn't make the SE compatible when both the 5s and the 6s are compatible. It's an iPhone 6s in a 5s body, and it works with the phantom. Oh WELL THEN.

Well now - I charged my phone to 100%, plugged it into the controller. Turned on the controller, then turned on the mavic and FINALLY - It connected.

Very strange it took nearly 2 days of trying and suddenly - like that - it works.

100% no issues here with 5se.This phone is actually apples most powerful 4 inch phone.It has the same processor as the 6s.
My wife has the iPhone 5c and the app is not even compatible with it.

My SE works as well but not always at the first attempt. Since l was flying only a couple of times jet, I am not sure if I am the problem or the gear? I also tried my Nexus 7 and it behaves the same.

Sometimes it depends on the order you plug and power things on. If you are having problems try this.
RC on
MP on
Phone and App on
Then last plug the Phone into RC with App running

Reactions: scooot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member